TWS down ??

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by rcj, Jul 10, 2007.

1. JackR

JackR

IB had some serious server issues about a year or so ago. They do have redundant servers, etc., and sort of explained the problem they had. I forget what it was. Then when they went to the "fix" they had further problems when the system went down and more than 1024 people tried to re-log in simultaneously. They fixed that and things have been pretty good since then.

I always enter my orders with a profit stop and a loss stop to guard against this type of outage or an IP failure somewhere. My machine will never fail of course. The stops just allow me not to worry about a disastrous loss, I know I might take a fixed loss and I consider that the cost of doing business and don't fret about it.

Quotes Back

Off to bed.

Jack

#21     Jul 10, 2007
  2. lindq

lindq

The problem I've had for a few days is hitting the "trade" button/cell on TWS and getting no response at all, even though the system does not seem to be down.

If I hit it repeatedly, I can eventually get it to trigger the trade.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

#22     Jul 10, 2007
  3. I used to have a problem similar to that using BookTrader, on one of the builds back several months ago. When I clicked to buy/sell it would not respond or transmit. I'd hit it several times and eventually it would work.

I reported it to IB, but they couldn't duplicate they said. But it continued to happen to me...not every trade, just periodically. Finally I went to ButtonTrader as a front end...which solved the problem, and is an excellent order entry/exit method as well for many different reasons.

You're the only other guy I've heard mention it.

OldTrader

#23     Jul 10, 2007