TWS Disappearing Charts

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Bob111, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Bob111

Bob111

Yep.OS or tws versions doesn't matter. Its all same from XP, running on oldest tws to win10,running latest tws version

#11     May 10, 2019
  2. Backsight

Backsight

It happened to me too on SPY, and now I just logged into TWS and my chart is all black, no data, even if I change the ticker or the timeframe... I uninstalled the Latest version and tried Stable, same thing...

#12     May 10, 2019
    Bob111 likes this.
  3. Bob111

Bob111

Looks like there is link between volume\activity on spy and those "refresh" flashes on chart.. In last 15 min it did it at least 5 times

#13     May 23, 2019
  4. Bob111

Bob111

SPY is gone for good at 3:38 EST on my paper account. If you have same issues please report it to IB.they are investigating it.Thanks!

#14     Aug 14, 2019
  5. Bob111

Bob111

It's been years ,and problem is still not fixed. Anyone else having problems with SPY charts in TWS? Thanks!

#15     Feb 28, 2020
  6. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

SPY .... what the heck, IB? My webtrader spychart looks like this too....as does mobile.
    (note that the time on bottom is mountain time....not EST)

upload_2020-2-28_14-27-58.png

#16     Feb 28, 2020
  7. congrats

congrats

I don't think it is a ticker related issue, as i also notice it on multiple of stocks on NASDAQ as well as NYSE exchange. Seems TWS is not able to relay the data to display it on charts, because you still can see the data (Bid/Ask/Mid/spread) etc in your portfolio. So the data is being received from exchange to TWS, but TWS has issues.

#17     Feb 29, 2020
  8. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

I didn't notice the issue on other symbols yesterday.....But I agree with you, it is highly unlikely that this is a SPY specific issue. I didn't look at any other SPDR etfs...but perhaps their 3rd party data provider (assuming they have one) for the SPDRs went down?

Also...its not just a TWS issue. Mobile and Webtrader had issues with SPY as well.

#18     Feb 29, 2020
  9. congrats

congrats

If the data provider is not able to provide the data, then how you can see latest Bid/Ask/Mid/Spread prices in your portfolio and not on your chart?

#19     Feb 29, 2020
  10. ZBZB

ZBZB

There was a problem on TSLA when it was very busy a few weeks ago.

#20     Feb 29, 2020