TWS crashing/quitting

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by PetaDollar, Sep 19, 2003.

1. Bump a thread from 13 YEARS AGO? Pretty easy decision. Thanks for wasting my time while trying to figure out WTF was going on.

#11     Jul 27, 2016
  2. Ryan81

Ryan81

Yeah, I was fine on versions prior to the July 25th drop.
    Don't like it? Fine. The ignore button is easy enough to find on peoples profiles. In fact, I'm using it right now.

#12     Jul 27, 2016
  3. Ryan81

Ryan81

Ahh yes, I switched it to "Stable" and now things seem solid so far. Thanks.
    (FWIW, I did try "Latest" again today during premarket, and they had an update for July 27th.. but it was crashing even more. I guess the IB engineers have some bugs to work out!)

#13     Jul 28, 2016
  4. marsman

marsman

What about your hardware? Ie. age, size of memory, CPU speed, Internet speed, and whether HD or SSD and size and the free space etc...

#14     Jul 28, 2016
  5. Ryan81

Ryan81

Not likely the problem. My windows machine is an i7 with 24GB ram, SSD HD with plenty of free space. Plus the crashes are also happening on my Macbook too. 75Mbit connection from Comcast (yuck) but speed tests at testmy.net all check out fine, and no packet loss detected.

#15     Jul 28, 2016
  6. ktm

ktm

I stay with the oldest version allowed by IB. Very stable.

#16     Jul 28, 2016
  7. NoBias

NoBias

Update

Recently experienced issues with "Stable version TWS and MultiCharts"

Data not loading initially, took 30+ minutes to load or refresh upon initial start of day.
    (not pacing error)

Workaround required computer reboot, then start TWS/MC...

MC tech stated I needed to switch from stable version to most recent "current" version...
    (I honestly believe this was a boilerplate recommendation, but in this instance cleared up the issue)

Personally, I prefer to stay with stable version, but also need charts, so updated TWS begrudgingly.

Just an FYI for MC users,

#17     Oct 31, 2016