TWS - Cluttered trading workspace!?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Fierze, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Fierze

Fierze

Since quite recently, I have a trading account at IB and use them for datafeed and this far I have been using TWS as my application. However, I am thinking about using different 3rd party programs for charting and execution since I think TWS has a very cluttered layout with too many menus, buttons and stuff that I don't need. for example, I hate that they treat every part of the program as a separate application instead of using a single common interface. This means I will have five menus visible instead of one and five applications in my taskbar instead of one. This stuff is taking up too much valuable space on my screen (I only have one screen), and I like things clean and simple!

1. Does anyone else think TWS is just way too loaded with features, menus and buttons, even if you try to customize and strip the program down in the preferences etc?

2. Am I missing something? Is there a way to make more of the unnecessary stuff magically disappear, while keeping the parts that are actually useful?

All input is welcome, greetings to you all.

2. Fierze

Fierze

By the way, here is a screendump of how the workspace looks now. Every open window has 1-2 inches of crap at the top/bottom, (even if I am not in simulated trading-mode).

Furthermore, this is the latest beta version of TWS and the charts are supposed to look better in this version, but as you can see this chart looks as ugly as usual. Any thoughts on that?