TWS clock ~15 seconds behind

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by jpatet, Jul 25, 2006.

1. jpatet

jpatet

It just now corrected itself and I didn’t do anything. After being 15 seconds slow since Sunday evening. Go figure. Thanks again everyone for your help especially JackR for mentioning that this also happens to him so I don’t appear crazy or inept.

Best regards.

#11     Jul 25, 2006
  2. JackR

JackR

jpatet:

What operating system are your running?
    What version of TWS?
    What version of Java?

Jack

#12     Jul 25, 2006
  3. I understand that the built in time synch is only accurate to the nearest minute. Most traders I know like to synch to the nearest second. Or better.

#13     Jul 25, 2006
  4. jpatet

jpatet

Windows XP with all the packs and updates.
    TWS off the net (not stand alone).
    Java 1.5.0 build 06-b05.

And you?

#14     Jul 25, 2006
  5. Bob111

Bob111

every time you do something with TWS that cause spike in CPU usage up to 100% (open charts for example) and your system freezes because of it-TWS clock got out of sync with PC clock. i think later TWS sync itself back with PC clock again.

#15     Jul 25, 2006
  6. JackR

JackR

XP same as you.
    TWS standalone.
    Java 1.5.0_07

I see that there is a new beta version of the browser-based TWS. I'll download it to my non-trading machine and see what happens to the clock.

Jack

#16     Jul 25, 2006
  7. I'm not sure, but TWS standalone should be better than the browser-based one.

Others, what's your opinion?

#17     Jul 26, 2006
  8. The frequency of synch is far too low. Is it every week?

So you could see it's off for several ten minutes in some cases. Too bad! :(

Anyway, there's always better synch tools out there *FOR FREE*. Why live with the built-in poor WinXP version?

#18     Jul 26, 2006
  9. jpatet

jpatet

This issue might be tough to solve as it happens so infrequently, at least with me. But at least now I’m more aware of it and thus may be able to pinpoint the cause or sequence of events leading up to it next time.

Thanks again to everyone.

#19     Jul 26, 2006