TWS build 707

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Babak, Aug 2, 2001.

1. New build does not properly save column mods. C'mon guys, this is not rocket science.

And could we please have a custom sound selection for executions. Using the default Windows beep is useless. I don't need my machine honking at me 100 times an hour.

#11     Aug 5, 2001
  2. elie

elie

stock777

I dont know what You understand under "properly" but I could save the columns in the new build.

and to change the sound of the windows default beep, is it not an solution for You until ib will give the possibility, like You would like to see?

best of luck

eli

#12     Aug 6, 2001
  3. Stock

Columns save just fine as long as you save the layout.

#13     Aug 6, 2001
  4. agent99

agent99

The new alert banner has me wanting to pull my hair out. If I see that "VWAP order type now available" message one more time, I literally think I will lose it.

I tried clicking on the banner to disable it (which is what the release notes say to do) everywhere -- on top of the banner, on the corners, on the sides, in the middle, but it won't be hidden. I tried double clicking, and it still won't go away.

So, number one, we need to be able to disable it. Number two, if it remains up it would be great if when we've ultimately seen a message, that we could be able to empty the message box til a new one scrolls across. I think the scrolling alert will be very useful if IB is going to use it to communicate that certain routes are down, other problems, and when fixes are expected. But as it stands right now it's just plain annoying. I don't want to see the new TWS features advertised over and over and over --- we have release notes for that (For that matter,I also don't want to see any other advertising if that's even vaguely close to being in the cards). I only want to see new messages. Once.

Thanks

#14     Aug 9, 2001
  5. PKJR

PKJR

you got my vote. I had to click at least 5 times today to get that message off ! Next thing you know you gonna have advertisement being sold !!!!!!

#15     Aug 9, 2001