TWS build 707

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Babak, Aug 2, 2001.

1. Babak

Babak

anyone have any news about this new build? apparently it will be out in a few days for web and later next week for installed version

any sneek peeks appreciated to see if it is worth switching

thanks in advance

2. Turok

Turok

3. vitajex

vitajex

4. Fohat

Fohat

Babak,

In TWS build 707 you can now move a quote line on a page by simply clicking and dragging the symbol.

The new Transmit Page feature allows you to transmit to the exchange all the order lines entered on the page. This feature put us in a new league, because it allows to transmit a basket of buy/sell orders with "one click" of a button.

For example, I can create a page with market orders for all stocks in my portfolio and then by using the "Transmit Page" feature, close all my long/short positions with "one click".

For the "Transmit Page" alone, it may be worth to upgrade.

Fohat

5. Babak

Babak

thanks guys, much appreciated

I really like IB and as I've said many times I think they can potentially become a force to be reckoned with in retail EDAT....IF...they get TWS to become a simple, elegant and flexible platform.

right now its still to clumsy, but they seem to be taking small steps in the right direction

6. Fohat

Fohat

IB is already a major force to be reckoned with in Program trading.

Check the latest NYSE program trading stats at : http://www.nyse.com/pdfs/pt080201.pdf , IB is in the top 10 , in front of such giants as Morgan Stanley and Salomon Smith Barney.

I am glad to see that TWS is constantly improving.

Fohat

7. agent99

agent99

Just checked for TWS upgrades for the downloadable version. Build 707 is now apparently available.

8. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

9. In checking out the thread at SI, I noted that one trader believes that he is getting faster executions using the web version of TWS as opposed to the desktop installed version.

Has anyone else also noticed this? TNX, Jim

10. Turok

Turok

My tests didn't confirm this behavior.

JB

#10     Aug 4, 2001