TWS Bug?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Toonces, May 6, 2003.

1. Hot keys (if you use them) can't be set to have different setting for different symbols. If you want to use Bracket orders or stops added to the order via hotkeys (which should be quite quick), you have to redo the settings to change symbols. It's a pain. - Ideally should be able to set up the hotkeys to have the settings you want for each symbol - then they would be useful...

Natalie

#11     May 24, 2003
  2. Toonces

Toonces

Syd, that's the exact problem I'm talking about (the very first post in this thread). I haven't had the problem with options, just equities. IB won't admit there's a problem. They just tell me to hit the 'enter' key after I change the limit price before I hit 'transmit'.

As far as hitting the 'T' instead of right clicking and hitting 'transmit', (as White17 suggested), that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Contact IB; maybe if enough people complain, they'll listen. There is definitely a bug in the software; I can't believe it's just the two of us having this problem. This may sound like a trivial problem, but it is HUGE.

#12     May 24, 2003
  3. white17

white17

Toonces must be right about a bug in a recent build. Determine if you and SYD have the problem in the same build.

#13     May 25, 2003
  4. I think the problems you are encountering is that TWS was originally built to trade derivatives.

Now that they are attracting more securities traders I suspect they will integrate in more features like those you ask for.

Everything that I have asked IB to add to TWS has been added over the past year.

Way to go IB!

#14     May 25, 2003