TWS booktrader and wrong hotkeys

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by ITR2744, Jun 5, 2008.

1. ITR2744

ITR2744

I am testing the BOOKTRADER in TWS. There's a hotkey (buy with a left click on ask, sell with left click on bid). BUT: When I move over ask with the mouse it appears a SELL next the arrow... vice versa on bid. In other words, the hotkeys are not correct. I tried to change it in hotkey configuration but it doesn't work. Anyone has this issue?

2. DonKee

DonKee

That's because booktrader is set up to sell on the ask and buy on the bid. It is the opposite of the way the tws regular platform is set up.

3. DonKee

DonKee

btw...does anyone know how to keep the bt auto centered, so you don't need to continue to hit the re-center button?

4. ITR2744

ITR2744

ok thanx, have to get used to it...

5. In BookTrader>configure>settings>number of rows to display.
    For example, if the contract shows to best b/a 5, display 12 rows
    and it will recenter automatically. Sometimes it will run down/up to best b/a 3, but will recenter from there.

6. DonKee

DonKee

Okay...thanks.

This doesn't seem to work as well for es, er2, and ec. Quite often on a 40 row display, the current quote will be 35 from the bottom and 5 from the top, etc. It might just be a function of rapid price movement and a delay as to how often the bt auto re-centers.

7. Tums

Tums

8. In addition, you might experiment with the settings above the number of rows to display, being, Center around last price and
    Center around midpoint of bid/ask.