TWS - Annoying tooltip problem on option chains

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Ryan81, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Ryan81

Ryan81

A while back, IB added an annoying tool tip that shows up on top of the Option Chain window, every single time I open an option chain. The most annoying part is, it covers up the tabs for selecting an expiration date. It's very frustrating to see this thing over and over and over again, and I have to wait until it goes away every time, before selecting my desired expiration!

upload_2019-7-8_9-11-50.png

I've searched and searched the settings, and could not find a way to turn that stupid thing off! Does anyone else have this issue? Has someone found out how to turn that off? This started happening to me quite a while ago -- probably more than a year. I'm currently using:

TWS Build 976.2m, Jun 26, 2019 10:49:20 AM

Thanks

2. TWS has become so annoying that I'm writing curses based programs to reproduce TWS screens that I use.

3. Ryan81

Ryan81

The most frustrating part is, I couldn't care less about their "Spread Templates". I just use the Strategy Builder for all of my spreads anyway.

4. The latest fuckery is "Cannot use label for complex combo .... for non-gaurantted order". Literally the spelling.

5. untick "show for column headers" under tooltips

upload_2019-7-9_21-46-9.png

zoran021 likes this.
  6. Ryan81

Ryan81

Thanks for the reply @eastern_warrior , however, that is not the issue. I already had that box un-checked.

7. Tent

Tent

Certainly extremely annoying tool. I am not sure what was their rational to introduce it in a first place. Luckily, there are ways to switch it off with un-checking the box

8. Ryan81

Ryan81

Unchecking the box didn't fix the annoying tool tip problem for me.