TWS 872.6 problems

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by KS96, Jun 1, 2007.

1. See prior posts.....IB is the McDonalds of retail brokerage.... low cost = low numbers of personnel. For instance, there's ONE GUY testing the API.
    Best for you to move to the Bloomberg platform...rock solid....$1800/mo with 2 year min contract. Autotrading component licenses for $100k.

#31     Jun 12, 2007
  2. How do you know ?

In any case the API code is actually quite small as anybody that could be bothered to look could verify for themselves as the source code is distributed with it. Given the relative simplicity of the API I would say that one tester is not inappropriate. They will have automated test suites and procedures.

I have used the API for a quite a long time and and all the basic functions are actually very stable. Most of the stories posted on ET about backfill not working, etc etc are due to outside factors or server side issues and not problems with bugs in the API.

I reckon these sort of comments are right off the mark and a disservice to people reading ET looking for information to base a choice of broker on.

#32     Jun 12, 2007
  3. Bob111

Bob111

it's only a thing that keep me with IB.i'm
    still using 7.0 and glad that they don't force me (yet) to upgrade

they(IB) mentioned it somewhere on ET while ago.

#33     Jun 12, 2007
  4. Bob111

Bob111

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/software/releaseNotes/TWS_Notes_871.php?ib_entity=#871_fix

yea, right...

i have full house today. frozen quotes, random frozen TWS 872.6 instances and there is no way to catch it in your application with API or something else,unless you stare on your TWS all day long

#34     Jun 15, 2007