TWS 872.6 problems

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by KS96, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Bob111

Bob111

i have strange issue that i never seen on TWS before 872.6(i'm talking about stand alone)-when you press on cell on TWS grid to transmit order-it became kind of 3-D looking(like pressed in) and you have to press on it again, to get order submitted. so -it take two clicks on same cell to submit your order instead of one, like it was before.
    happens when you place order first few times for day.
    if i see it again-i'll post the picture. anyone having this issue?
    Thank you!

#21     Jun 7, 2007
  2. rayl

rayl

I've seen this problem intermittently but I think I've seen it before 872.3. Seems to be correlated with PC being sluggish. Never figured it out. Never bothered as it's easy enough to click again and hoping that expected PC upgrade (shortly) will remove this glitch.

#22     Jun 7, 2007
  3. DAV

DAV ET Sponsor

This issue is fixed in 873.2 and was actually addressed in 872.6 (if you download/install 872.6 again it should not have this problem).

#23     Jun 7, 2007
  4. rayl

rayl

Maybe that's why I haven't seen it recently as I'm now on 873.2....

#24     Jun 7, 2007
  5. DAV

DAV ET Sponsor

The "mixed-up order type problem", the problem reported in the first post of this thread, is now fixed in TWS 873.

#25     Jun 11, 2007
  6. nassau

nassau

noticed on friday that sometimes when I switched from untitled to another page I would get message - I cannot delet page as I have existing position ( not exact).
    this morning it happened everytime until a few minutes ago and the message no longer appears.

also 872.6 takes longer to acknowledge username etc when logging in, sometimes several minutes before it actually logs in.

w

#26     Jun 11, 2007
  7. GTC

GTC

Thanks DAV. It was a quick fix.

#27     Jun 11, 2007
  8. Bob111

Bob111

i have it all over the place today, when you have to transmit or cancel order, regardless to how powerful you PC is.i actually unable to close 2 positions today because of this issue and it doesn’t make me happy..if it works from second click-that would be ok, but it doesn't. here i'm -15:59 clicking on stuck buttons, trying to cancel one order and transmit another one when price moving damn fast away of course not in my favor.
    f*k it..
    it's hard enough to make money on markets, but IB just seem to like to add some extra excitement for us every day. EVERY DAY, i repeat-every day there some sort of glitch,issue,problem whatever. after a year with relatively stable TWS 864 i have to deal with this bullshit every second of my trading day now. and i see no end of it. build after build every few days.
    look at this-

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/software/releaseNotes/Notes_Index.php?ib_entity=llc

872 released on 5/8/2007, 873 released on 5/30/2007. in less that a month 872 had 6 sub builds in it.six!
    why release ? then make fixes every week? make single stable, well tested platform release please. one.
    ridiculous.

#28     Jun 11, 2007
  9. Bob111

Bob111

here is the pic-

#29     Jun 12, 2007
  10. nassau

nassau

anyone having issues today
    everything has been fine since 8a.m. and now since the market has opened I am losing half my screen, it disappears for a few seconds and then reappears.
    also got a message "are you sure you want to delete this row" when I have attempt to do nothing.

w

#30     Jun 12, 2007