TWS 872.6 problems

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by KS96, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Moreagr

Moreagr

hmm i am having a problem displaying the analytic info in charts for the last 3 days.. it wont display intraday options info either since i up graded. the last 2 weeks.
    :confused:

anyone else have this problem?

#11     Jun 3, 2007
  2. Bob111

Bob111

Thank you kiwi! that what i was doing right now. i uninstall latest java along with complete uninstall of TWS and starting from scratch again on 872.6 and 1.5.11. let see how it goes tomorrow.

#12     Jun 3, 2007
  3. KS96

KS96

hmmm.... it seems everybody has a different problem...
    Can we at least concentrate on the 872.6 version for linux?

#13     Jun 4, 2007
  4. KS96

KS96

TWS 872.6 on MacOS 10.4.9 (i386):
    Same problems with the mixed up order-types....

Java 1.5.0_07

#14     Jun 4, 2007
  5. DAV

DAV ET Sponsor

We are aware of the "mixed up order type" problem and are working on it. The problem only occurrs if you have Order Types disabled in the feature selector. As a work-around enable > Order Management > Order Types.

#15     Jun 4, 2007
  6. maxpi

maxpi

switch to XP, no coding group is going to put their best efforts into getting the linux version of anything working, they will focus on what most of their customers need.

#16     Jun 4, 2007
  7. But it's kind of crazy....Java was meant to be transparent to the operating system.....it looks like IB is doing some conditional coding based on the O/S.....not good, not good at all.

#17     Jun 4, 2007
  8. Huh ? How do you come to this conclusion ?

Just because Java is cross platform, it does not mean that there cannot be platform dependent issues occasionally. Clearly look and feel is one are where these might crop up.

I don't see anything in this thread to imply IB is deliberately coding platform dependencies into TWS.

In the past I've extacted TWS from a Windows installation and run it on Linux without problems.

TWS runs very reliably on Linux and has done so for years.

#18     Jun 4, 2007
  9. GTC

GTC

Thanks Dave for working on it. Could you extend 06/08/07's forced TWS version change deadline until this gets fixed?

#19     Jun 4, 2007
  10. GoodGame

GoodGame

yah i think thats the problem... Thanks !

#20     Jun 7, 2007