Two years wasted

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Obama wasted the first two years of his presidency on something which any fool knew never had a chance. How many businesses went under during that period? How many families lost their homes? How many families were broken up because of this hardship? How many suicides? How many drug and alcohol problems resulted from the stress? How much crime? The opportunity to rebuild the nation lost. All of this, every last bit falls squarely on Obama.
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/...perts-now-expect-supreme-court-123441478.html

2. Ricter

Ricter

At this very moment you can find strong, recent arguments that the Court will strike down all of Obamacare, or will strike down only the individual mandate, or will uphold Obamacare.

3. Romney must be a fool too because he suggested Obama use the plan in 2009

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_...torum-hits-romney-for-2009-health-care-op-ed/

Santorum hits Romney for 2009 health care op-ed

(CBS News) BLUE ASH, Ohio - Rick Santorum on Saturday sharpened his attacks over Mitt Romney support for an individual insurance mandate, citing Romney's support for an individual mandate in a 2009 USA Today op-ed to argue that the former Mass. governor is unqualified to take on President Obama over health care.

"Governor Romney has been saying throughout the course of this campaign, 'Oh, I never recommended that they adopt my program in Massachusetts for an individual federal mandate, oh, I never did that,'" Santorum told the crowd of about 250 people. "Oh yes, he did. In a 2009 USA Today op-ed he recommended, he made suggestions to President Obama, including the individual mandate and taxing people who don't buy insurance. That is the individual mandate."

In the op-ed, Romney wrote, "We established incentives for those who were uninsured to buy insurance. Using tax penalties, as we did, or tax credits, as others have proposed, encourages 'free riders' to take responsibility for themselves rather than pass their medical costs on to others. This doesn't cost the government a single dollar."

4. Never the less, he wasted the first two years on this when he should have been on jobs, jobs, and more jobs. That, and prosecuting criminals in the financial/mortgage industries.

5. The first thing he did (stimulus )was on jobs and he stopped the 500,000 + job losses per month

[​IMG]

6. jem

jem

only crazed leftists could possible think the court will uphold obamacare.
    no credible person could be saying that after the courts questions.

7. Fantasy numbers fabricated out of thin air. It's easy to show job improvement when you just quit counting those that have lost their jobs. But we have all those "saved" jobs don't we? A number impossible to quantify. You wouldn't have let Bush get away with that. Obama get's a pass.

8. Indeed.

I wonder if Ak, when balancing his checking account, only accounts for the credits and ignores all his debits? That pesky net number is such a drag in the real world.

9. I find it interesting that in trying to blame Bush for his reckless spending, obama's supporters like the NYT include all 2009 spending in Bush's column because his policies supposedly were at work. When it is a reduction in job losses however, then 2009 magically becomes obama territory. Sorry, you can't have it both ways.

If Bush has to take the blame for the spending, then he gets the credit for stopping job losses.

10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

If you knew anything at all about unemployment (stats and facts) you'd know that the stimulus did little, if anything to help.

#10     Jun 20, 2012