Two words will put this country back on track...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OVVO, Sep 29, 2008.

1. They would need pass it so that it would take effect 12 years down the road. That way they wouldn't feel the ill effects, it would be the other guy.

#11     Sep 29, 2008
  2. How about random democracy?

Government officials are selected by random among the adult population in the US.

If they do get chosen, it's their civic duty to serve. Kind of like jury duty.

Or we could have a lottery drawing. Say $10 per ticket with a limit of 10 tickets per person. Whoever wins becomes president.

#12     Sep 29, 2008
  3. jsv416

jsv416

Absolutely, i couldn't agree more! All these guys are worried about is getting re-elected, therefore, they accept money from lobbyist who expect a favorable vote in return for the contribution. Term limits would stop this bullshit in its tracks....

#13     Sep 29, 2008
  4. You're kidding right?? Mobocracy is the worse type of government there is.
    If the majority of Americans think we should hang all traders & speculators because of this, it could become the law of the land.

#14     Sep 29, 2008
  5. Progressive Tax.

#15     Sep 30, 2008
  6. Sounds like communism...

:)

#16     Sep 30, 2008
  7. Mobocracy is not direct democracy.
    A direct democracy works by protecting the rights of each individual voter, not the corruption of the system by any group.

I have explained in numerous posts here on ET, how direct democracy and Laissez-faire works as long as we implement strong integrity into the processes - and thereby prevent corruption from emerging.

#17     Sep 30, 2008
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

You're absolutely GD right.

I've mentioned it here myself.
    IMO the majority of our problems and or lack of solutions can be traced directly or indirectly back to congress. And that includes BOTH sides of the isle.

Remove the career politicians and replace them with statesmen interested only in serving their nation/constituents. It would be a massive and complete game changer.

The reduction in pork spending alone would be worth it, but the benefits would be far more reaching than that.

#18     Sep 30, 2008
  9. Rather like a kidney stone, at a guess.

#19     Sep 30, 2008