Two-thirds of Americans support assault weapons ban: Fox News poll

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tony Stark, Aug 15, 2019.

1. RRY16

RRY16

Are you a born again?

#21     Aug 15, 2019
  2. Amun Ra

Amun Ra

I'm not talking about what you read online or seen on TV...I'm talking about what you've seen in real life.

#22     Aug 16, 2019
  3. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Yes.Nearly everyone I know hates Trump.

#23     Aug 16, 2019
  4. Wallet

Wallet

Interesting Trump has that effect in 3rd world countries. In the US, nearly everyone I know likes him.

#24     Aug 18, 2019
  5. Cuddles

Cuddles

[​IMG]

#25     Aug 18, 2019
  6. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Election results and approval rating/favorbility polls show the majority of Americans don't

#26     Aug 18, 2019
  7. destriero

destriero

The guy who thinks Disney owns FOXNews.

#27     Aug 18, 2019
  8. Paraphrasing, Heller refers to commonly used weapons appropriate for home defense. The AR platform is the most commonly owned rifle in America. The widespread adoption of it by police departments demonstrates that it is appropriate for home or personal defense.

I think a ban on the most popular rifle in America and one that is commonly used for home defense would be hard to square with Heller. We're talking about a constitutional right here. It is bedrock constitutional law that such rights must be restricted, if at all, in the least restrictive manner possible. It's hard to imagine that a blanket ban would be considered the least restrictive means of accomplishing any objective.

#28     Aug 18, 2019
  9. Those challenges predated the Heller decision.

#29     Aug 18, 2019
  10. I was watching Fox News today and their anchors were essentially beating the drum for more gun control. Since the Murdoch sons took over, the channel has a radically different tone.

#30     Aug 18, 2019