Two-thirds of Americans support assault weapons ban: Fox News poll

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tony Stark, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Wallet

Wallet

Please define “assault weapons”. Most, and I’d say MOST 99.9999% of people haven’t a clue and define assault weapons solely by the way they look, i.e. stock design, picatinny rail etc. which means little.

If you’re after all semi-automatics, then you have an uphill climb. Assault bans are just feel good laws and in reality do little falling far from their original intent.

#11     Aug 15, 2019
    Clubber Lang likes this.
  2. UsualName

UsualName

You mistaken me, I don’t care if there is a ban or not I just want background checks, licensing and registration.

I don’t see any reason why responsible people can’t own an assault rifle. The problem is the wrong people get them.

My argument was that an assault weapons ban is constitutional.

#12     Aug 15, 2019
  3. Wallet

Wallet

They did it before....

Clinton enacted an assault weapons ban back in the 90’s. If memory serves no legal challenge was successful. However statistics showed it had basically no effect or deterrent on firearm homicides.

Here, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Assault_Weapons_Ban

#13     Aug 15, 2019
  4. Amun Ra

Amun Ra

Fox News is in the pocket of the liberals. Disney owns them. The real polls say 95% are actually against gun control.

#14     Aug 15, 2019
  5. vanzandt

vanzandt

Fox News wasn't part of that deal. They are owned by Fox Corp.

Edit: Here ya go:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Corporation

Fox Corporation (abbreviated Fox Corp. and informally "New Fox") is an American television broadcasting company headquartered in Midtown Manhattan, New York City. It was formed from the 2019 acquisition of 21st Century Fox (itself formed from the 2013 split of News Corporation) by The Walt Disney Company. Fox Corp. was spun off from 21st Century Fox and its stock began trading on March 19, 2019.[4][5][6] It is owned by the Murdoch family via a family trust with 39% interest; Rupert Murdoch is co-executive chairman, while his son Lachlan Murdoch is chairman and CEO.

Fox Corp. deals primarily in the television broadcast, news, and sports broadcasting industries by way of the remaining 21st Century Fox assets that were not acquired by Disney. They include the Fox Broadcasting Company, Fox Television Stations, Fox News, the Fox Business Network, the national operations of Fox Sports, and others. Its sister company under Murdoch's control, the present-day News Corp, holds his print interests and other media assets in Australia.

#15     Aug 15, 2019
  6. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

A politico poll showed the same thing as The Fox poll.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    #16     Aug 15, 2019
  7. Wallet

Wallet

That 95% are against gun control? Good to know.

#17     Aug 15, 2019
  8. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

It didnt say that.I posted a link in the second post

#18     Aug 15, 2019
  9. Amun Ra

Amun Ra

Do you honestly feel those polls are accurate based on what you hear from people in everyday life? You're being lied to and manipulated by media. Possibly even brainwashed to think a certain way.

#19     Aug 15, 2019
  10. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Yes.We in fact saw it when democrats won 2018 by 10 million votes

#20     Aug 15, 2019