Two Site Qestions

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Slim Harpo, Jun 1, 2005.

1. 1) Is there a easy way I can keep track of the posts I have made? or is subscribing to the thread and being emailed after each time a post is made the only way?

2) Would it be possible to put a quote box on site so while enjoying the site we could also look up stock quotes while here?

Thanks

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

1) I'm not sure what you're asking. Tell me what you would like to be able to do.

2) Yes, that's possible. The only reason why we've never done it in the past is because web-based quotes are limited to delayed data, and we figure most people that are interested in a site like this will almost certainly have real-time quotes through their trading software.

3. As it is now, I have to remember which threads I made a post (reply) in and after a while, it becomes many and is difficult to recall each thread I posted in...so what I am trying to ask is if there is a way to keep track of my own post and postings so I can go directly to them after signing in?.....( I don't know if I am making it clearer this time around but hope I am..let me know again if I am not being clear)

thanks

4. lescor

lescor

hit the search button on the upper right. search by your screen name only. all your posts will come up in chronological order, starting with the most recent

5. Awesome...thank you!

6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Well, whenever you post in a thread, you are subscribed to that thread by default unless you uncheck the "email notifcation" box when you sumbit your post. So to keep track of your posts (and threads you've participated in) you would need to click on the words "Your Account" at the top right of any page to view your subscribed threads.

7. Thanks for your help and speaking strictly for myself, I wouldn't mind delayed quotes while on site...some one might mention a stock I am not familiar with and would use the site delayed quote just to get an idea about it...can always go to my live quotes after logging off later....

Just an idea I had..no biggie of course..

8. ok..so there is more than one way to do it...great..thanks

9. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Alternatively, if you look under your username on one of your posts, you'll see it says how many posts you've made. Clicking on that will produce the same results as doing a search on your username.

10. This is getting cooler with each new post..:D

#10     Jun 1, 2005