Two of a kind?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by TheDr., Feb 10, 2006.

1. I keep a spreadsheet on one of the futures mini's...and for the life of me, I do not know why it can show a profit...It evaluates strings of wins and uses a reverse martingale....I do not know what I was thinking....Do I trade it...no...cause it will stop working when I do....

My favorite systems are the slow and steady ones that put time on your side....its the ones that take the sting out of losing and only build strength...(I trade those)

#11     Feb 11, 2006
  2. TheDr.

TheDr.

That's a good point ElectricSavant....The two trader here that I've spoken to are dealing with fears...However, that fear will also lead into overtrading because one feels the need to gain back what they have lost...

IMOP, Overtrading becomes a problem when the decisions made are not based on a tested or proven methodology...You can make as many trades as you like but it must be in the context of one's astute and well calculated observations... This prevents overtrading....Along with a deliberate decision making process which filters out impluses and emotions causing one to "Overtrade"..

Many traders who overtrade seem to do so because they lack control of specific impulses which is also indication of an emotional and intellectual breakdown....Lack of concentration and a inability to maintain a control yet deliberate mental thinking process for decision making.

#12     Feb 11, 2006
  3. Thanks doc...you say it so much better.

#13     Feb 11, 2006
  4. TheDr.

TheDr.

No, thank you

I knew one gentleman who claimed to lose money because of his wife!.....Clearly misguided anger and frustration.......

His experience and logic told him his position was in jeopardy....However, because his "WIFE" was also able to make the same observation (and she is NOT a trader) ....Brought on feelings of anxiety and castration....He felt the need to PROVE is position to others (again mainly his wife) he would lose....Self-destructive to say the least but, another psychology dilemma a trader MUST tackle before he can become profitable...All traders make mistakes and battle conflicts of psychology within themselves.....The only EDGE for the Trader is a "Mental Edge"

#14     Feb 11, 2006