Two mice on one computer...Y-Mouse?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chisel, Jan 30, 2004.

1. chisel

chisel

Anyone use the Y-Mouse to use 2 mice on 1 computer?

Opinions?

I thought it would be useful if I were spread trading.

2. Not sure what you mean. You can just plug in multiple mice into any port available: serial, PS or USB. Works fine.

3. chisel

chisel

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I'd like to use 2 mice on one computer and have 1 mouse to be left-handed and the other right-handed.

Are you saying that I can plug one mouse into the PS/2 and another into the USB port and they will both work?

Or are you saying that I can plug a splitter into 1 port and use 2 mice? I know I can do that.

Thanks.

4. pspr

pspr

One for each hand? How confusing!

But, what do I know. They had to drag me kicking and screaming from using all keyboard commands into the Windows/mouse world many years ago.

5. gms

gms

Technically, the plural for a computer mouse is "mouses", not "mice".

6. You sure about that? I've never heard the term "mouses" and I've been in the IT field for the past 7 years.

-Fast

7. rcreal

rcreal

8. I don't know about using a splitter, but you can just plug one mouse into the pS1 and the other to usb. I do that all the time (but not for trading). Another question arises though, can you have different settings for the buttons on the different pointing devices (don't want to argue mouses/mice). I would guess not.

9. chisel

chisel

Thanks for the info.

10. TGregg

TGregg

First time I've heard it although we would on occasion say "Meeces" as a weak joke (I know, we're a bunch of geeks). Been a pro in IT since 1988.

#10     Jan 30, 2004