Two Buys For Now- IRDM & URGN

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stonedinvestor, May 30, 2018.

1. LivaNova Valuation Multiples Likely to Increase Amid Steady Progress, Stifel Says In Bullish Initiation

-Analyst Rick Wise initiated coverage of LivaNova with a Buy rating and $115 price target.

-LivaNova, formed following the merger of Cyberonics and Sorin in 2015

-Co is divesting its slower-growth, lower-margin cardiac rhythm management business; recruiting an efficient management team and enacting three growth-enhancing tuck-in acquisitions,

-This work has has laid the foundation for strong top- and bottom-line growth and growth-enhancing pipeline investments — and it hasn't been factored into the stock price, the analyst said.

-LivaNova is an equally compelling margin expansion story, with a 70-percent-plus gross margin likely by 2022 alongside equally impressive operating margin expansion, the analyst said.

-LivaNova shares have gained about 20 percent year-to-date.

I've been seeing this ticker come across and thinking each time it was Live Nation. Turns out LIVN is Liva Nova just a terrible name. Is it Latin? I have no idea what these guys do even after the initiation by the Steifel analyst. So more research is needed here... In general heart related accessories can make you money in the market, I remember one called BEAT... they act like a hybrid health equipment/ bio stock- they unveil new products like new drugs, without some of the outright risk of a Bio play such as a CRSPR stock..

#21     Jun 12, 2018
  2. LyondellBasell (LYB) Up 44% in a Year: What's Driving It?
    [​IMG]
    Zacks Equity Research
    June 11, 2018

-Shares ofLyondellBasell Industries N.V.LYB have rallied around 44% over a year. The company has also outperformed its industry's gain of roughly 12% over the same time frame.

-The company has expected long-term earnings per share growth of around 9%.

-Driving Factors

Forecast-topping earnings performance, upbeat outlook and strong prospects stemming from the planned acquisition of A. Schulman, Inc. SHLM have contributed to the rally in LyondellBasell's shares.

- LyondellBasell expects to capture $150 million in run-rate cost synergies within two years. The buyout is also expected to be accretive to earnings within the first full year following its closure.

>> It's funny a stock can be up 44% and be considered a value play. But it is.

#22     Jun 12, 2018
  3. vanzandt

vanzandt

Keep em coming Stoney.
    Thanks!

#23     Jun 12, 2018
  4. I'm starting to get a firm idea on the Summer Portfolio shake up. I have 4 Confirmed Buys from my various Watch lists. These 4 have survived the intense testing that I apply.

1- VRNT
    2-LIVN
    3-STM
    4-LYB

We already have 3 Names URGN / IRDM / TGODF

That makes seven.... I need maybe three more? So I will draw on at least one of my current holdings-- Sony. I like this name a lot for the next year. I've owned since $42... but that's nothing the stock is at $50 area I think going much higher.

The whole legal gambling thing... Boy there must be a play in there... Scientific Games?
    Online dating-- I sold out of my IAC Interactive on the Facebook challenge but I notice Match MTCH is getting a lot of love lately. Maybe jump in there... IMMU raised cash but the stk took it well... more gains ahead? AAOI won't die.

The Fed speak later today; lets see if it rattles the market. If not it's game on until the mid term elections! - stoney

#24     Jun 13, 2018
    vanzandt likes this.
  5. Here's One more really interesting play. If you can't tell I like Biotech a lot.
    I have owned Ionis IONS for a very long time it is one of the MOST FRUSTRATING stocks in mankind. If I were a Pfizer or a Biogen i WOULD BUY THESE GUYS SO QUICKLY your eyes would pop out of your head... the tech is just so good, so right on and so non hype. It's being used right now RNAI it's not ' possibly causing cancers' etc. In fact i would argue IONIS is the safest biotech you can buy. That doesn't mean it won't go down I've taken several sicking rides but it always pops back like a cork.

One of the reasons might be this:
    Biogen Buys $625 Million in Ionis Stock
    Updated June 11, 2018

Biogen(BIIB) completed a pact to collaborate withIonis Pharmaceuticals(IONS), and bought 11.5 million Ionis shares for $625 million, paying $54.34 each. Biogen also invested $375 million as an upfront payment to Ionis to "jointly discover and develop novel antisense drugs for a broad range of neurological diseases,"as stated in a press release. In total, Biogen laid out $1 billion in cash.

Biogen disclosed in a regulatory filing last week that its holdings are the equivalent of a total stake of 8.4% in Ionis. Biogen is now the second largest holder in Ionis, according to S&P Capital IQ.

Both biotech stocks have dipped into the red this year. Biogen shares are down 3.5% so far this year through midday trading Monday; Ionis shares are down 9.9%, and 17% lower than Biogen's purchase price.

>>> Ok so Biogen paid $54 somehow and now owns 8% of the company-- The stock currently trades at $ 47. Biogen has added... they have doubled down I wonder if we should too????

#25     Jun 13, 2018
  6. vanzandt

vanzandt

Interesting. Ya know... all the technology and science (that I don't have a clue about) aside... the CEO of IONS is 72 years old. I don't know if you ever noticed that... but I think that bodes well for you. I'd be willing to bet big change is in the works. If it can break $48 on 2X volume... back the truck up.

#26     Jun 13, 2018
  7. Man what a boring set of stocks this 1st page at ET has-- thank god for me.
    I don't understand why these things happen-- like how this thread is not on the most viewed list? It boggles the mind. After all I've done here over the years... I'm selling now a lot of names I profiled here years ago.. I was going to do a big show of it but whatever... those of you that know know.

Lets talk about the market. We are being pulled from two directions. Last week every talking head on TV was talking up the market and Bloomberg showed these graphs with the right stocks leading, blah blah blah-- yet something just doesn't feel right. It's hard to commit to an idea now that you would hold for a year. In other words the market is Now fairly over valued. Is that ' fairly valued ' or ' over valued' in there is the question.

The market is a living organism that somehow personalizes it's attacks. For over two months now I've been itching to sell one of my more ' fairly overvalued tech stocks. But with an eye towards the mythical 1 year hold that gets the better tax treatment, I've awaited this upcoming week and so I knew over two months ago stocks would fall apart right about now.

BUY SIDE) VRNT & LIVN These two are the ones that made it through last weeks watch list the best. LYB is right there. If you can't remember VRNT was a Internet security stock they were possibly buying someone and getting groovier; I have to refresh my own mind on this. I saw maybe a month ago a stock guy on TV have this in his basket of recommendations-- meaning he was probably selling out, but he made a good pitch for this co and that was before the exciting possible buyout of that division of some company.... ayyy last week is a blur, they all are this time of year. I check out in a week I go to the woods. This is when i repair myself... just a few last trades to do.- LIVN that was the one I thought was Live Nation and it turned out to be a heart / medical equipment company- LYB sexy petrochemical.-stoney

#27     Jun 18, 2018
    vanzandt likes this.
  8. Found it!
    VRNT- Reason. I have been following this stock for about a month and a half. I believe it is a stealthy mover just when you give up it moves up, not a part of the crowd stock but acts more like a stock that is in some long term hands. They are in a hot sector intrusion control via the net all that scary stuff but perhaps their wares are a bit outdated in this world of cloud everything... On Earnings alone and future prospects this stock is probably a buy. Rumors of a nice big acquisition of a company called NSO group... that was in the Journal if that happens-- lots of new cloud tech comes into an established and entrenched base... I've been watching this name in the $42 area (gave up) turned around it's $44 now and if they can pull off this buyout I think it would be viewed very favorably by the analyst community.-(Now $45.70) Starting to move...

&

LivaNova Valuation Multiples Likely to Increase Amid Steady Progress, Stifel Says In Bullish Initiation

-Analyst Rick Wise initiated coverage of LivaNova with a Buy rating and $115 price target.

(Are we too close to this next price target....stock is $105....)~si

#28     Jun 18, 2018
  9. vanzandt

vanzandt

Yeah. Somewhere on here someone posted something about there were only a handful of posters worth reading.... if thats true then I'd certainly throw you into that mix fwiw...

#29     Jun 18, 2018
  10. Ok IN on VRNT....! I've stepped off that plank.....

NTLA on the move

#30     Jun 18, 2018