Two Buys For Now- IRDM & URGN

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stonedinvestor, May 30, 2018.

1. THAR SHE BLOWS!!!!->
    UroGen Pharma Ltd. (URGN)
    NasdaqGM - NasdaqGM Real Time Price. Currency in USD

61.46+1.34 (+2.23%)

#11     Jun 6, 2018
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

Stoney,
    Canada’s senate is set for a final vote on legalizing marijuana today... with sales expected to start in the fall.
    The "Dutchman" might get a nice pop today, probably followed by some profit taking from its recent run. Just thought I'd give you a heads up on the vote. You probably already knew though.

Iridium has broken out of its channel nicely on several recent developments. There's probably a degree of short covering there, almost 20% of the float was short as of 5/24... but things are definitely happening. There's a lot of debt there though... I guess thats OK as long as they can service it, all things being equal. You should have good support to add more at $13.50 if the markets pull back.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    #12     Jun 7, 2018
  3. 8:40 I've been awake since 6:00. Ideas few and far between.

1-- Petrochemical idea that fits into rising economy = LYB
    I like this name very much, low PE made a big purchase. Good earnings.

2-- Armored cars. Brinks also made a purchase buying a rival. Somehow the PE is over 200,
    I'm digging but it would seem this is company on the right track. = BCO

IRDM ran into a roadblock at $16 and the Motley Fool dumped a bit on the parade. I'm mad at the Fool.

The Vote in Canada is on Thursday. The Organic Dutchman is doing EXACTLY what I said--
    Remember the Food Co in Denver that has the secrete to mixing in the thc with beverages?
    Well -- As part of a $55 million R&D budget, TGOD is developing a 40,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art research & development centre, including space for product development and pilot manufacturing. This facility is phase one of multiple phases within the 72-acre Valleyfield property designed to create novel and proprietary cannabinoid infused beverages. This facility will foster a first of its kind collaborative environment for joint ventures and partnerships that will create a distribution platform for domestic and international markets.

According to the industry-leading research firm Brightfield Group, the hemp and CBD category is expected to reach sales of $1 billion in the US by 2020, driven by the natural food and beverage category. Cannabis-infused products are entering many new categories, including healthy lifestyle and natural health, and TGOD is well-positioned to be a leader in these new markets.

Hello! TGOD How can you not fall in love with this company. I'm half inclined to sell everything and just roll the dice on the Dutchman!!! Or attempt to join this company as a taste tester. / VP of Internal Affairs.

The Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters has awarded its Kavli Prize in nanoscience, valued at $1M, to CRISPR/Cas9 gene-editing pioneers Jennifer Doudna (UC-Berkeley), <----Emmanuelle Charpentier (Max Planck Institute for Infection Biology) and Virginijus Šikšnys (Vilnius University).

Notably excluded was the Broad Institute's Feng Zhang,<---- the (disputed) holder of the key patents covering the gene editing technology. The USPTO prioritized the review of Zhang's patent filings based on the payment of a modest $40 fee. The dispute between Broad and UC-Berkeley has yet to be resolved.

Selected tickers: (EDIT-0.8%)(NTLA+1.5%)(CRSP-8.7%)//

Interesting so the scientists have favored the UC-Berkley group over Feng Zhang.
    The courts have ruled in favor of Feng Zhang kind of...
    The appeal is under way....
    I think the ruling could switch...
    -stoney

#13     Jun 7, 2018
  4. IRDM reclaims $16!
    Iridium Communications Inc. (IRDM)
    NasdaqGS - NasdaqGS Real Time Price. Currency in USD

16.0752+0.6752 (+4.38%)
    As of 10:00AM EDT. Market open.

Damn Fools!!!!

I like the open of LYB-- I'm thinking this is the name. I'm going to one of my last workouts! End of June I shut down everything. I go to Ct and swim. I just realized today is Thursday so the big Canadian vote is today. I would imagine the nightly news will play it up tonight and tomorrow becomes a very interesting day. I'm fully aware there could be a big reversal and plunge. Frightening Friday for sure. I'm on the side of up up up.

I basically have one idea: LYB. This is not good. Rather than force the issue I'm going to exercise and pray. I feel a ST correction coming, sharp and violent in tech so I'm holding back I think. For now I feel that Trump's big tax cut for the corporations has got to play out in a favorable way for stocks but at some point that wares off. The good news is Trump now views the stock market as a reflection of his own success and as a marker for wealth. They recently trotted out some blackboards that pointed to how great everyone was doing but the imputs included the stock market and the value of one's home... then wages. So the guy who does not participate in the stock market and maybe rents... That will be an important swing vote block in the future. For now Trump is on the side of the tech stocks but you know that's a iffy holding pattern... At some point someone has to check and see just how much of this off shore money that was supposed to roll into the US after the tax cut-- which business have complied and which have not.-stoney

#14     Jun 7, 2018
  5. Kind of feels like a correction is trying to seep in right now. My board is a sea of red. I am reminded of how foolish I have felt in the past as my very infrequent postings here always time a correction every time. I show up like the dark Lord here even though I'm so upbeat. I am a contrary indicator and proud of it. But Peace with Korea!!! I'm going out next week for Korean BBQ with an old college roommate who is Korean. It is happening! We shall reach across the fire pit and clasp forearms just like the N Korean leader will want to kiss Trump.

Hopefully we can just tread water here without too much damage. I have these one year holds that come up for LT tax gain this June 20!!! Just got to make it until then...`stoney

#15     Jun 7, 2018
  6. I knew it. I knew it. I knew it! I hate to sound so self centered but this is my life. Whenever you hold a big gain for the 1 year Long Term period something always goes drastically wrong just before your hold period expires. Now I'm going to watch this tech stock give up so much price gain-- and maybe force me into a bad decision.

After a week of hearing how great tech stocks were this was bound to happen. This is why I've been unable to find stocks, this has been what has been holding me back.

Hey I found a stock. This is an interesting chart for sure AAOI Applied Optical something. These guys are in one of the few tech sectors out of favor. I've been feeling the pain with LITE same sector-- but through my research of that holding I know that the business has bottomed. Things are finally looking up. So yesterday as every tech stk was down this one was just barely in the green. Look at the difference between a 1 year chart and a 6 month. It's big. You have a bottom reached at a shocking $24 from a top of... OMG the 1 year has this at $90 plus. What was everyone smoking? $93 and a plunge to $64. From there a slow and steady decline to $37; a blip up and then a bottom at $24. What a ride.

The stock presently is at $45.00 At the VERY LEAST we fill a gap now to $58.00. More likely it's that $63 the end point of the first plunge. $45 to $63 that looks like a nice trade.-stoney

#16     Jun 8, 2018
  7. WATCH LIST: AAOI // CRSP // NTLA // EDIT

This was in Investopedia today whatever that is.
    I found it on Yahoo finance,- Poorly written. Might be a computer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CRSP- CRISPR Therapeutics Ltd
    -1.22%
    EDIT
    Editas Medicine Inc
    -1.10%
    NTLA
    Intellia Therapeutics Inc
    -2.00%
    View Watchlist
    One of the stocks we analyzed in Thursday's Daily Market Commentary webinar was CRISPR Therapeutics

which has gone bananas in 2018. CRSP closed in 2017 at $23.48. It has since gone on to reach an all-time high of $73.90 – a greater than 200 percent increase – in less than five months.
    With the pullback and volatile consolidation of the S&P 500 during the first half of 2018, traders have been looking for high-yielding trading opportunities, and genome-editing biotech companies – like CRSP, Editas Medicine (EDIT

and Intellia Therapeutics (NTLA <------******
    NTLA
    Intellia Therapeutics Inc
    -2.00%

) – seem to offer all of the future upside these traders are looking for.

?

#17     Jun 8, 2018
  8. Monday. We are running out of time! I have to complete this portfolio this week. I'm watching the whole CRISPER space-- but not acting. Watching Petrochem play LYB but not acting. And now this morning new names for the watch list!

VRNT- Reason. I have been following this stock for about a month and a half. I believe it is a stealthy mover just when you give up it moves up, not a part of the crowd stock but acts more like a stock that is in some long term hands. They are in a hot sector intrusion control via the net all that scary stuff but perhaps their wares are a bit outdated in this world of cloud everything... On Earnings alone and future prospects this stock is probably a buy. Rumors of a nice big acquisition of a company called NSO group... that was in the Journal if that happens-- lots of new cloud tech comes into an established and entrenched base... I've been watching this name in the $42 area (gave up) turned around it's $44 now and if they can pull off this buyout I think it would be viewed very favorably by the analyst community.

XCRA- Reason. I am so confused by this stock. Are they or aren't they being bought. The investment thesis had been (stock was $12) oh good they are NOT being bought this stock can now fly free which it has... Now around $14! So I blew that but everything I read still mentions this buy out with Cohu... It's just confusing. One day we could turn around and see this plunge to the initial buy offer... The bottom line though this is a good company with a sweet looking financial page...

STM Micro- Reason. I love the chart set up! Typical tech stock in that everything is great great great but then you take a look at the stock price has been flat since last Nov! Three is a tripple top in play here at $25 and the sector is in a big upswing- so that should be taken out and this name should climb quickly. I also like they they are some form of competition in the high Volt space with VICR.

VICR- A very very hot stock. I almost owned this last year ultra cheap.. kicking myself... to make a long story short higher Volt chips that make things go faster and reduce energy usage, blah blah, blah... Hot space though... 48 Volts. Apparently NVDA & GOOGLE have gone in with VICR so if I felt better about the market VICR would be a buy no matter what the price.

LYB- Seems to be doing everything right. Buying back lots of shares pe 10!

EDIT-- You may of noticed the out performance on Fri. EDIT up 3.7%! NTLA 1% and CRSP 1.7 % Interesting. - stoney

#18     Jun 11, 2018
  9. vanzandt

vanzandt

Stoney...
    I'm gonna guess you saw this. These gene editing stocks are getting murdered today. (CRSP/EDIT/NTLA) all down huge. Good entry? Here's the reason.
    ---------
    Gene editing tool may raise cancer risk in cells, scientists warn
    [​IMG]
    Reuters

4h
    facebook linkedin twitter email copy link
    By Kate Kelland
    LONDON (Reuters) - A gene-editing technology that is being explored by scientists worldwide as a way of removing and replacing gene defects might inadvertently increase cancer risk in cells, scientists warned on Monday.
    Researchers from the Britain's Cambridge University and Sweden's Karolinska Institute said more research needs to be done to assess whether using CRISPR-Cas9 - a type of molecular "scissors" that make gene editing a possibility - might lead to the development of treatments that have added cancer risk.
    The team, led by Jussi Taipale at Cambridge, found that CRISPR-Cas9 triggers a mechanism designed to protect cells from DNA damage, making gene editing more difficult.
    Cells which lack this mechanism are easier to edit than normal cells, and this can lead to a situation where genome-edited cell populations have higher numbers of cells in which the key mechanism protecting against DNA damage is missing.
    In research published in the journal Nature Medicine, the scientists warned that the absence of the protective mechanism in cells makes them more likely to become tumorous, since DNA damage can no longer be corrected.
    "Although we don't yet understand the mechanisms ... we believe that researchers need to be aware of the potential risks when developing new treatments," Taipale said in a statement as the work was published. "This is why we decided to publish our findings as soon as we discovered that cells edited with CRISPR-Cas9 can go on to become cancerous."
    A second team at the Novartis Research Institute in Boston in the United States has found similar results, which were also published on Monday in the same journal.
    Darren Griffin, a genetics expert at Kent University who was not involved in either study, said the findings give "reason for caution, but not necessarily alarm".
    "Almost any treatment that has the power to do good, has the power to do harm and this finding should be considered in this broader context," he said in an emailed comment. "As we learn more about the CRISPR-Cas9 system and how it can be used, this study will inevitably be considered a significant finding."
    Taipale also said he did not want to sound "alarmist" and stressed that his team was not saying CRISPR-Cas9 is bad or dangerous. "This is clearly going to be a major tool for use in medicine," he said.
    He added that once scientists better understand how the response is triggered by CRISPR it may be possible to find ways of overcoming the problem.

#19     Jun 11, 2018
  10. HOW EXCITING! Yes this is the second attempted take down of the sector... pretty much proof positive that we are on to something big here. There was nothing but theoretical musings in that article paid for by Novartis. This could be a nice entry point perhaps.

I feel at peace with Korea.

STOCKS I PLAN TO ADD TODAY OR WITHIN A WEEK TO THE ET PORTFOLIO: A) LYB B) VRNT

STOCKS I MAY ADD IF I FEEL LUCKY: A) STM B) VICR C) LIVN D) FND E) MTCH F) NTLA

#20     Jun 12, 2018