Two Big Funds At Bear Stearns Face Shutdown

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by THE-BEAKER, Jun 20, 2007.

1. dhpar

dhpar

one thing is for sure - you will unlikely see BSC that cheap (low $140s) ever again.

#21     Jun 20, 2007
  2. zdreg

zdreg

are you predicting a spike up in bsc?

#22     Jun 20, 2007
  3. #23     Jun 20, 2007
  4. dhpar

dhpar

I did not say spike.
    just saying that it is a great buy - definitely one of the best bangs for buck on the long side (big upside and in cyclicals) while downside is already all in. Also - you likely know how quarterly reporting works when you are about to disappoint after a long time...
    it reminds me MS 1 year back - that was a sweet ride.

do you own dd if you want to get in! ;)

#24     Jun 20, 2007
  5. S2007S

S2007S

fast money did a 10 minute opening on this today, it sounds serious, talked about the derivative market. I think this would be more serious than the sub prime market collapse.

#25     Jun 20, 2007
  6. scary thought, isn't it :)

Don't worry, I'm a pure technician at heart; fundamentals and news never really mean much to me, but every so often I through out 1 or two thoughts to see what is right or wrong to say (and then what not to say to investors, hehe!!)

You should have seen me many moons ago when I applied to the power company in risk management to monitor electricity swing options - talked circles around the interviewer about modelling them, then when asked 'List some factors that effect the supply/demand of electricity', I spent 5minutes and the best I could come up with was 'Uhhhh, the weather?'

heheheh, fundamentals > me

#26     Jun 21, 2007