Two Big Funds At Bear Stearns Face Shutdown

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by THE-BEAKER, Jun 20, 2007.

1. S2007S

S2007S

Told you this news is all quiet on wallstreet, no one cares about what fund is blowing up on wallstreet, no one cares anymore what happens, stocks advance higher no matter what news comes out. Its all good.

#11     Jun 20, 2007
  2. You sure sound alot like Eqttrdr and stocktrad3r.

Are those your aliases?

#12     Jun 20, 2007
  3. In my opinion, it's probably ONE SINGLE POSTER that probably gets paid to keep all the "activity" up on ET. :D

The guy sits in front of his computer with CNBC on in the background and gives you the "play-by-play" of the markets.
    Absolutely pathetic, in my opinion.

And it is one of the single biggest reasons why this website has totally gone down the tubes over the past year . . . in so far as quality of content is concerned.

#13     Jun 20, 2007
  4. but you have to keep coming back. kind of like panning for gold, gotta sift through a lot of shit to find the nuggets!

#14     Jun 20, 2007
  5. This place has been "mined-out".

Nothing left in the way of veteran traders that add some quality content in their posts to this website . . . Baron did nothing to retain them, or give them an incentive to stay. So basically, you just have a bunch of "non-traders" and some newbies saying outrageous things and creating "pissing-matches" half the time in those ridiculous "The S&P Has Topped" thread that shows up 200 times a year.

Sad, but true.

#15     Jun 20, 2007
  6. helene meiser, Real Money technician, mentions this is how LTC started. I think this is a very big deal. In the late 70's, John Hancock got caught with bad pricing on its RE portfolio. Almost shut down.

It is still valuable, by the way to hear all points of view. Some may make you shutter, but you need to know how people are thinking. Of course, you'll want the other side of that trade, but you know what I'm saying.

The thing that bothers me is when someone expresses a view, and then these twelve year olds come out w/ a bunch of expletives. A simple, "I disagree. Please consider this......" might move the discussion along. It's like email. Choose what you want to read.

This is a big deal.

#16     Jun 20, 2007
  7. Amarith was like 4x the "effect" of LTC, but the market barely blinked.

#17     Jun 20, 2007
  8. mokwit

mokwit

So true. The flame kiddies dominate and there are very few traders left here. Many of the posts are of the "You won't believe this......" type just designed to get people to click on them and record a hit. The gold nuggets are now so thin it is uneconomical to mine them.

#18     Jun 20, 2007
  9. That position was was in natural gas, they were never insolvent, just lost about 70% of their capital.

LTC went insolvent in the deal, totally different. Had to be bailed out or wreak havoc with domino effect of defaults.

Now all the leveraged crappy debt issuance is so inter-twined that a major fallout at one shop can cause a series of credit defaults throughout the system. Feds worst nightmare.

#19     Jun 20, 2007
  10. You trade OPM? :astonished:

#20     Jun 20, 2007