twitter with success

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by marketsurfer, Apr 20, 2009.

1. ROFL :D :D :D Exactly!

#11     Apr 20, 2009
  2. bronks

bronks

There is no limit to a human's self-absorption.

#12     Apr 20, 2009
  3. newtoet

newtoet

#13     Apr 20, 2009
  4. What about the advertising part? How will Twitter make money?

#14     Apr 20, 2009
  5. If twitter went IPO it would be a huge buy

#15     Apr 20, 2009
  6. Interesting. Quite a wide variety of "success" levels on that list. Can i be added?

@TheDudeAbides: The Dude is self-employed and enjoys drinking White Russians and bowling

I don't understand twittering and don't have an account, actually. Feels like a fad. Makes sense for celebs that need to connect with their fans, I guess.

#16     Apr 21, 2009
  7. Tide31

Tide31

@AKutcher

-Thinking of Punking my mom +10.20am

-Can't find my Xanex + 10.30am

-Demi just farted +10.35am

-Going to Starbucks +10.40am

-Just got an IM from Tide31 that I should kill myself +10.45am

#17     Apr 21, 2009
  8. I use twitter as a note pad. If I see or hear an interesting or well constructed quote I jot it down. It's something I intended for no one else to see but interestingly enough I have followers. I would block them but it seems rude to do so.

Using Twitter for anything else is a mystery to me. Its basic function is a bulk text message, no? Or perhaps a bulletin board similar to the one we're on now, except any phone with text capability can leave a message on twitter, not just phones with internet access like Blackberry and iPhone, right? It seems to me that anyone interested in something like Twitter would have a phone with internet access or at least will have one soon. I wonder how that will play out for Twitter. Maybe I'm missing something.

#18     Apr 21, 2009
  9. Thats interesting, I was thinking it would be a good short. I guess that makes a market.

As far as I can tell that unless they figure out a way to stick adds into that highly limited number of characters I think its going the way of the CB (without all the trucker movies)

maybe at some point they could charge the people that send the twitts. like $9.99 for all the twitts you can eat per month. I could see something like that working maybe

#19     Apr 21, 2009
  10. NYC212

NYC212

I like to keep a super low profile. no need to have a person knowing what Im doing.

you could front run your trades with twitter if you had enough ppl

#20     Apr 21, 2009