twitter users as dumb as ET members

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stock777, Oct 22, 2010.

1. JoePaterno, was your post designed to make any sense at all? If not, you have succeeded quite well.

#21     Oct 24, 2010
  2. Well, you get direct feedback or you can check for your nick using search. Other than that , do you have some secret method?

Sorry, my collection is complete.

You are posting too soon after your last post. Try again in a few minutes.
    You are posting too soon after your last post. Try again in a few minutes.You are posting too soon after your last post. Try again in a few minutes.You are posting too soon after your last post. Try again in a few minutes.
    guess they're have no intention of fixing this annoyance. 2 bad.

#22     Oct 24, 2010
  3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

It really depends on how you post your tweets.

Simply, post a tweet example of one of your tweets. For example, using $AAPL will get much more visibility than using AAPL in your tweets.

In addition, there are words you should not use in your tweets because they'll kill the visibility of your tweets. Also, you want to post your tweets in a way you can "measure" some stats to see whom/location/time are reading it. I strongly believe knowing whom/when tweets are read is much more important than "direct feedback" because tweeter (those using it regularly) are not using it like a discussion forum as if to look for replies.

Thus, if you want to use twitter...you should be concerned about "viewership" as a measure of interest. In contrast, if you want to use a discussion forum...you should be concerned about "replies" as a measure of interest.

Therefore, you tweets may be very popular and you just don't know it because your using replies (e.g. direct messages, retweets) as your measure instead of measuring the viewership (those reading it). Also, post an occasional broker statement on twitter and charts of your trades...you'll increase dramatically the "viewership", "direct message" and followers by those interested in your tweets instead of just following you to just be following you.

By the way, you posting your tweets through twitter itself or via a third party application like Tweetdeck. I ask because it does make a big difference.

Hope that helps via a few secrets for traders using twitter. :cool:

Summary - Most traders using twitter are not using it to reply to someone...that's what discussion forums are for.

Once again, post a tweet example of your tweet or the direct link to a recent tweet you felt should have gotten replies.

Mark

#23     Oct 24, 2010
  4. How to know if these trades in twitter are true and not posted after the fact?

#24     Oct 24, 2010
  5. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Their time stamped. However, there's no way to know the trades are true on twitter just like there's no way to know the trades are true that's being posted at Elitetrader.com or anywhere else online.

Thus, only a few post statements at the end of the day that correlates to time stamp trades posted in real-time.

Mark

#25     Oct 24, 2010
  6. fyi, I'm posting via stocktwits, so the audience is already large and known.

and once again, it is irrelevant whether the information reflects actual trades or simply professional observations. for some reason people obsess about what the poster did. who cares, the information is what matters. you'd feel better about an incompetent, as long as he was buying 100k worth of his bad plays?

if you were at a racetrack and some bum gave you 6 winners in a row, but didn't bet any of them himself, what would you do with the seventh selection.

The only thing that matters is

1) are the calls real time

2) is the caller around long enough for a decent sample.

3) is the caller NOT posting opposing views using diff nicks.

That's all you should be concerned with.

#26     Oct 24, 2010
  7. give the link to your twitter

#27     Oct 24, 2010
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Aren't you an ET member?

AND a twitter user?

Would that make you twice as dumb? Or does the dumbness increase exponentially?

#28     Oct 24, 2010
  9. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

The problem is that's not why most use twitter.

Regardless, that's not the issue. The issue is your initial complaint that you're not getting feedback (replies) to your successful signal calls.

I've already stated that you can't use twitter as if it's a discussion forum due to the fact the social network objectives are different when comparing twitter to a typical trader discussion forum.

Note: Yes...I agree. Stocktwits alone is big...much bigger than Elitetrader.com 10x over.

With that said, twitter is not setup like a discussion forum although you can get feedback. However, your messages may be popular but you will not know it unless you've setup a way to measure the views of your messages (very easy to do). Simply, if I want replies...I wouldn't be using twitter and would concentrate my time & energy at discussion forums. Yet, if I need to known how popular my message posts are...waiting for feedback via replies is NOT the way to do it on twitter or stocktwits.

Last of all, twitter or stocktwits is fast...any message you post will NOT be seen by most unless someone is doing a "search" on a word that your message post happens to contain. That's why I mentioned in my earlier reply to you that the KEY to getting replies is how your message post is written regardless if your signal calls are profitable or not.

Thus, you could be posting consistent losers and get tons of replies based upon the fact that your message posts is exploiting particular trading words that traders are using in their "search".

Once again, please post a sample message post you've posted on twitter or stocktwits that you feel went un-noticed as a profitable signal call.

Mark

#29     Oct 24, 2010
  10. Quote from stock777:

JoePaterno, was your post designed to make any sense at all?

Only to people. But I suppose I expected it to be over your head, given your obvious deficiencies.

If not, you have succeeded quite well.

You have an amazing ability to defend yourself in spite of the massive mental disabilities you have had to overcome. Congrats...

#30     Oct 25, 2010