Twitter moved over to X.com web address - Forum media linking needs update

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by gwb-trading, May 17, 2024.

1. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Twitter has now fully moved over to x.com from twitter.com

Most tweet links will now have x.com; the forum software seems to only support twitter.com for media link addition. It appears an update will be needed to support x.com

The short term workaround is to manually change the url characters to twitter.com from x.com in the url of the tweet you are trying to link. However shortly even the re-direct from the twitter.com domain to x.com may disappear.

2. Overnight

Overnight

A blessing in disguise, methinks. Not much good comes from X.

3. Magna

Magna Administrator

I wholeheartedly disagree, and love spending time on X. Some real funny shit, some serious stuff, great memes, lots of different viewpoints, and gorgeous AI art creations by many. Easy to get lost for hours over there, same for YouTube except for the lots of different viewpoints thingie.

Tsing Tao, semperfrosty and Sprout like this.
  4. Sprout

Sprout

This explains a lot, thanks. Please update or ET will fade into obsolescence.

Wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment. The above comment that only comes from a well-curated feed.

Magna likes this.
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Some really funny shit comes from this site as well, you know. We don't need X.

After all, nobody on X knew about your X-File town of Magna, UT, where God-knows-what is going on over there.

6. Magna

Magna Administrator

Never suggested that X was a replacement for ET, simply another place to go on the web for grins 'n giggles. Kinda like YouTube where certain individuals spend an inordinate amount of time digging up obscure videos.

Did I say "obscure"? Meant to say exciting, wonderful videos that are always welcome, always a treat... :p

Overnight likes this.
  7. Baron

Baron ET Founder

8. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Ok, it should be good to go now. Somebody try it on your end and let me know if it works ok.

9. Sprout

Sprout

The comments section of YT vids can be hilariously witty.

Wish they had one for max pain
    https://alternative.me/crypto/fear-and-greed-index/

Last edited: May 21, 2024
  10. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

It's working today with x.com

Thanks for quickly addressing this issue!

#10     May 21, 2024
    Baron likes this.