twitter for Traders - wallstreak.com

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Babak, May 1, 2007.

1. Babak

Babak

My friend 'Ugly' over at uglycharts.com has created a very cool new Web 2.0 app which allows traders to talk and exchange ideas in real time.

Think of it as twitter for traders. And just like twitter, its free!

Check out WallStreak.com and give him feedback.

2. Babak

Babak

Hmm... no one saw this?

Anyway, wallstreak has undergone some small improvements and things are humming along nicely.

Its a cool place to hang out during the trading day. Nothing to sell no snake-oil or signal sellers. Just traders chatting with other traders. Check it out.

Here are two calls made there. Just examples of what you find.

Cheers

3. Checked it out. Looks like fluffy useless drivel, that adds no value. Will stick with ET, thanks.

4. Babak

Babak

like many things in life, you get out of it, what you put in.

5. opm8

opm8

How is this thing different from the myriad of chatrooms out there?

opm8

6. with all due respect, thats one tough business model to break into. we attempted it, with substantial financial backing, and could not reach critical mass within the backers generous timeframe. best wishes, surf

7. It only failed b/c you were involved. :)

Wallstrip is a huge success in less than a year.

Regarding Ugly's site and wallstreak...I used to like his site...but the last few months it has lost it's edge.

8. Babak

Babak

Dave,
    I'm not sure what you mean. Your site was expensive because you had to have content created. This is a social driven site with users providing the content.

And its just a place to hang out during the trading day, talk, exchange ideas, etc.

Sure there are a lot of chat rooms but I like the features of WallStreak, you can see people's watchlists, search for all mentions of a symbol, filter out people, etc.

Cheers