Twin monitor problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Neoxx, Jan 28, 2006.

1. does your mobo have "onboard video"?

I don't know how to check for that.

#31     Sep 10, 2006
  2. gnome

gnome

OK, correct me if I'm wrong....

The lower end X300s have a single port and do not support dual monitor. If you have a splitter in this card, scrap it... it's bogus.

If you have a dual port card, there will be 2 places on the card to plug monitors into.

#32     Sep 10, 2006
  3. gnome

gnome

Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager/, click on the plus sign of Display Adapters. If you have onboard video, it will be described there.

#33     Sep 10, 2006
  4. That's kinda' what I was thinking. So you're telling me I need a new video card like a NIVIDIA 6600GT?
    Just seems odd I would have the option on my Display Settings and not really have the ability. Anyway, thanks for the help. Off to the store.

#34     Sep 10, 2006
  5. gnome

gnome

LOL... are you out the door already? When I said "scrap it", I meant "scrap the splitter". The card is probably OK.

Maybe we need a bit more discussion before you go buy another? (Then again, maybe not!)

#35     Sep 10, 2006
  6. No I'm not out the door already, but at this point my options seem limited

#36     Sep 10, 2006
  7. gnome

gnome

Why don't you meet me in Chat... I'll set up the room now...

#37     Sep 10, 2006
  8. Looking at my video card I only have one spot for monitors. There is another spot for some kind of device, but I don't know what that would be. It's female and twice the size of that for a monitor hook up.

#38     Sep 10, 2006
  9. OK

#39     Sep 10, 2006
  10. radsvp

radsvp

How do I connect a dual monitor to my HP Notebook since I only have one VGA port on the laptop. I want to know if I have to buy another device to make the new dual monitor to work on my laptop and drag graphs to it. Help is appreciated.

#40     Sep 15, 2006