Twin monitor problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Neoxx, Jan 28, 2006.

1. You will almost certainly need a PCI (not AGP) version of the Nvidia card. I assume that your machine currently has PCI Express, so it is most unlikely that it will have an AGP slot. In principle the drivers shouldn't conflict, but somebody else who has tried the combination might like to comment.

#21     Feb 4, 2006
  2. gnome

gnome

Your systemboard does not have an AGP slot, however (a) it does have PCI slots and (b) the Quadro NVS 280 is available in PCI. Compatibility is probably not a problem, but check with someone and verify first.

#22     Feb 4, 2006
  3. gordo

gordo

Alright guys, thank you for the help. Glad that I asked, almost bid on the wrong card.

gordo

#23     Feb 4, 2006
  4. gordo

gordo

One last, ignorant question. When looking at the cards listed as PCI, it looks like some have one notch and some have two notchs( one on each end), in the part that fits into the PCI slot. Does this make a difference with my system? Just want to make sure that I am getting the right card, and not one that has been incorrectly listed. It's obvious that my technical skills are rudementary :)

thanks,

Gordo

#24     Feb 8, 2006
  5. WD40

WD40

the notch identifies the voltage used by the pci board.

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/dec04/articles/pcnotes.htm

#25     Feb 9, 2006
  6. gordo

gordo

Thanks WD, the card that I bid on and won, appears to be a universal. And I think that it will work with my system. It is a Matrox G200 Quad monitor card. If not, it will be for sale.

Gordo

#26     Feb 9, 2006
  7. Heres my problem. Trying to setup dual monitors. Got it all hooked up. I can't drag my cursor from one screen to the other. I cannot get each screen to act independtly. When I go to display and click on "Identify" 1/1 comes up on both screens(should read 1 on 1 and 2 on 2 right?) even though I have both monitors enabled and I have ckecked the box to extend my windows onto the second monitor. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

#27     Sep 9, 2006
  8. There isn't anyone that has had this cloneing problem? :confused:

#28     Sep 10, 2006
  9. gnome

gnome

Sounds sort of like you have a single port with a $3.95 splitter....

When you Extended the Desktop to the 2nd monitor, did you click "apply"?

Verify that the 2nd monitor is checked for extended desktop, then click apply, then check identify again.

BTW, (1) what video card do you have, and (2) does your mobo have "onboard video"?

#29     Sep 10, 2006
  10. Yep! I have that splitter. I have a Radeon X300 series video card. I have checked the box for extended monitor and when I click apply the second monitor goes back to "Not Active". I go through the montions again and again and it always goes back to not active.

#30     Sep 10, 2006