Twenty-twelve [P&L]

Discussion in 'Journals' started by masterm1ne, Dec 29, 2011.

1. @ $33,XXX (+37.5%)

As of this morning, 7 open positions.

I should have added to the previous post, I never let losses get 'too bad.'

#11     Jan 27, 2012
  2. Very nice performance! Although highly leveraged, you seem to be in positions for several days without flipping around. This year you are getting it right. Care to share your method and entries in each market?

#12     Jan 28, 2012
  3. @ $28k (+16%)

#13     Jan 31, 2012
  4. Handle123: "Normally I would give advise to someone like you that you will never make as a trader and to stop giving people like me all your money, but I doubt you will heed my advise."

#14     Feb 1, 2012
  5. Need to make a couple notes here.

I was long Euro for several days. Last night, I purchased another contract and foolishly moved my stop(s) up to an area just below recent support. I was stopped out for 2 contracts overnight, for a small profit. This was (in hindsight) a very foolish thing to do. I should have at least given myself a little more room. This move cost me around $400, as of this morning, and most likely, more later.

Another reason for a recent decrease in my equity is I took on 2 contracts of rough rice (1 out of 7 trades). The price fell sharply yesterday, and I was stopped out. It seems as if every time I try to carry more than 1 contract on a position, it ends up biting me in the rear. I don't have a single open position with 2 contracts. Every 2 contract position I've taken has been stopped out! From now on, I'll take on only 1 contract, unless I can take out 2 contracts on all my open positions.

The statement is congruent with the typical guy who has no idea what he is talking about. I pity him, and I get a good laugh from it.

@ $29k (+20.8%)

#15     Feb 1, 2012
  6. Aren't you being pretty results oriented about your pyramiding? I get stopped out for small gains occasionally when I am pyramiding into a posistion. Does it suck? Yes. But it more than makes up for it when you get a 20 bagger out of one trade.

#16     Feb 1, 2012
  7. [​IMG]

#17     Feb 1, 2012
  8. Not exactly sure where I am going wrong. I had at one point over 15k in profits. However, with recent pullbacks, it's barley enough to cover my losing trades.

I know I have all the tools to succeed. A plan, discipline, risk managment, and an edge. However, in this case, it's been since June 2011 that I'm basically net 0. I have executed my plan 100% this year.

I am around 25k this morning. Most likely at the end of the day I will be in the red again as I made a revenge (but low risk trade) on natural gas.

I have closed out all my positions, except for one on 6S (Swiss Franc Future), and natural gas.

It feels like I must study more, or come up with a different strategy. I think it's break time again...

#18     Feb 2, 2012
  9. 95% small traders lose, they just lose.

#19     Feb 2, 2012
  10. If you are going to troll my thread and quote people, at least do it properly:

Did you check NG today? (+7%) FYI

@ 31k (+29%)

#20     Feb 2, 2012