Twenty One Tax Hikes by Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

2. Light a match eh?

It's only a matter of time before the US ends up like the Roman Empire: in bits and pieces.

3. Yeah, bring on the change, Obama!

Bring it! Change!

........Anybody got any change? I'm kind of hungry.......

4. pspr

pspr

It would be 121 tax hikes if the Repulicans didn't fight tooth and nail against them. There would be no economy if Obama had his way.

5. Ricter

Ricter

"I've lived through some terrible tax increases in my life, some of which actually happened."

Rictwain

6. Max E.

Max E.

Was trying to find this scene the other day for that thread about dealing with the IRS. :D

7. Max E.

Max E.

You can almost always count on the tax increases happening, its the spending cuts that never seem to come to fruition. Obama and Congress just managed to find 2 trillion in cuts and it took them 6 months to do that, now Obama is going to propose a 450billion dollar bill, just a month after we proposed cutting 2 trillion from budgets 5-10 years down the line.

Is there any doubt in anyones mind we will have spent more than the 2 trillion extra dollars by the time we get to these cuts which will probably never come to fruition anyways?

8. Ricter

Ricter

Well, fortunately we are a low-tax country to begin with. (Ignoring the "California problem" for a moment.)

9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Huh? People in CA and NY pay about 53% in state, local and federal income taxes. How much do you want Ricter?

10. Ricter

Ricter

That's why I mentioned what I call, in this context, the California Problem. The US is a low-tax country on average, but if you live in CA, for example, as jem has pointed out, your taxes are in fact well above average. So the problem arises that supposedly fair, and simplistic, across-the-board tax increases would not be fair.

#10     Sep 9, 2011