Tweetdeck sucks ,as does twitter. But is there a

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by SoesWasBetter, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Is there an app than can properly monitor and alert when a specific user posts?

The built in alerts stink to high heaven, They haven't added a single feature to tweetdeck in YEARS,

Twitter management are inept.

antiseptic likes this.
  2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Isn't that what Twitter itself actually is? You follow people so you can be alerted to any new posts they make.

dealmaker likes this.
  3. Not what I'm talking about. I want to be able to alert on specific posters, not stare at a stream all day . All twitter lefts you do is pop up every tweet in stream. NO custom alert per subject. Pure shit as a tool for traders.

Only way to do what I want is via some api and its too much work. Twitter discourages third party apps.

4. For instance , if you wanted to alert when Trump tweeted, how would you do it ??? You cant.

Can you explain why they haven't upgraded the platform for 3 freaking years. They really do suck .

5. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Yeah, it's because they're going broke since they have never made a penny of profit.

Jones75 likes this.
  6. MrMuppet

MrMuppet

use twitterfall...problem solved

7. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

You can "Like" one your preferred Twitter account posts. Then just go to the "Like" section and see if your preferred guy had new posts.

8. They still have MILLIONS to spend. No excuse except no respect for users.

9. Need alert by type/user not a global alert , which by the way only can appear at the bottom left of the screen.

10. I stopped using Tweetdeck because that constant stream was distracting. I now use the app on my iPad and iPhone and set alerts for specific posters.

#10     Feb 24, 2017
    antiseptic likes this.