TW (Taiwan) Live Trades on SGX

Discussion in 'Trading' started by riskfreetrading, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Thanks. So a move from 328 to 323 would be worth USD500?
    I like trading in the evening, never did it before except with currencies at around 8PM to 9PM EST.

What is your experience with this contract?

#11     Mar 20, 2008
  2. You are right. Thanks. J is actually April.

Also is this traded in USD or in Taiwan Money?

#12     Mar 20, 2008
  3. USD dude

#13     Mar 20, 2008
  4. The bogan is right. So its 500 usd.

If you like night trading the aussies spi is also nice and opens a couple of hours before stw (which will drop back to 1 hour when sydney goes of dst ... whens that bogan???)

25 aud a point on spi so twice as big as stw. A bit thin but well behaved and has nice moves.

I used to trade HSI but got sick of the volatility. Tried nikkei for a bit but have settled on STW and SPI ... really nice contracts imho.

#14     Mar 20, 2008
  5. nocturnes

nocturnes

Taiwan is going to have presidential election on 3/22, this coming Saturday. The market could be very volatile afterwards depending on the result of the election. If you are not familiar with this market, better not to play it now. Most institutions are on the sideline waiting for the result of the presidential election.

#15     Mar 20, 2008
  6. mokwit

mokwit

"well behaved and has nice moves" - something must have changed :D, all I remember is people taking advantage of the thinness with games like 3 tick trick (actually a good way of spotting a potential for reversal on a choppy day). It does have definite times for moves though.

#16     Mar 20, 2008
  7. Thanks nocturnes,

I didn't know and appreciate the advice.

Mokwit,

For my style and stops it is pretty nice. As with anything you need a clean setup ... :)

#17     Mar 20, 2008
  8. Dont hear that on here much!!! DST ends on the 6th of April as well

#18     Mar 20, 2008
  9. Very good point the last election saw the market rally about 7% over a couple of days while the rest of the region was falling. That retraced pretty hard a few afterwards though.

#19     Mar 20, 2008
  10. Thanks guys for the great info. It looks it is heading up. The march contract is better behaved compared to April's indeed (Thanks Kiwi). R U guys from Australia and New Zealand?

#20     Mar 20, 2008