TV Station Forced to Run Pro-Trump Programs

Discussion in 'Politics' started by exGOPer, Sep 18, 2017.

1. exGOPer

exGOPer

“The company that owns WJAR-TV is mandating the broadcast of multiple programs favorable to President Trump on the state’s most-watched television station,” the Providence Journal reports.

“Sinclair Broadcast Group, a rapidly growing media company that bought Channel 10 in 2014, produces ‘must-run’ segments and distributes them to its local stations nationwide. They must air during daily news programming.”

How Nazi of them

Slartibartfast likes this.
  2. I recall them (the ones who have the satanic stars on their party logo) discussing openly regarding going after the local stations as these have a greater influence on people's opinions than the major networks.

A laughing media mogul's view of the American public in 2017?

Goebbels, gobbles..

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    exGOPer likes this.
  3. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Yeah, so all the CBS, ABC, and NBC affiliates are forced to run shows and news stories supportive of Democrats.

WeToddDid2 likes this.
  4. Sean Spicer was on the Emmys. That is pretty fair and balanced.

5. exGOPer

exGOPer

Like?

Whataboutism is the single biggest tool in the Con deflection toolbox.

Slartibartfast likes this.
  6. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

7. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Let's discuss first what the word "affiliate" means. It means that your local news station runs shows and news provided by the mother company. This is the entire model the industry runs on.

Somehow Liberals believe this is perfectly acceptable for ABC, CBS, and NBC when all the news segments lean left; but somehow Sinclair is evil for doing this with CW.

8. "Trump will not call you to account for thoughtlessness in your oaths, but for the intention in your hearts".

Yep, minor little 'affiliate' stuff.

Sinclair Broadcast Group: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO)

The cat in the box bit is brilliant.

9. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

I take it you never watch the 6:30pm (eastern) news on ABC, NBC, or CBS affiliates. If you want to see some left-wing nation-wide propaganda -- tune into your local station.

10. I never watch American TV though I can from Colombia/Panama. I'm afraid of seeing ads like this.

If you watch the segment below from John Oliver he states "As best we can tell, no other major owner of TV stations distributes it's own commentary segments to run during local news". In context he is talking about local stations bought by a corporate group.

I imagine that the concern is that middle of the road stations that naturally reflect the balance of society in their area are getting injected with hard right opinions? That seems new?

I'm not very sure what is currently normal or not.

#10     Sep 18, 2017
    exGOPer likes this.