TV Show: Million Dollar Traders

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Businessman, Jan 13, 2009.

1. ITR2744

ITR2744

#11     Jan 13, 2009
  2. Everybody has their own demons.
    She seems to be out to prove she can make it without daddies money. Having failed/given up on being a vet. Now she risks failing at trading infront of millions of people too.

#12     Jan 13, 2009
  3. What site?

#13     Jan 13, 2009
  4. FCCT

FCCT

You can set up a virtual VPN client and login thru them. It "changes" your IP address. I forgot which one I used before, there are some free ones online.

#14     Jan 13, 2009
  5. Why the fuck would they make it only available in the UK? Stupid BBC...

#15     Jan 13, 2009
  6. I watched this show and just shook my head in disbelief. They expect these newbies to start making money right out of the gate, with two weeks training? It takes YEARS to master both the markets and your emotions, and even then only a few make it.

And the guy who was putting up the capital was like "If I lost a million dollars, it would be a disaster! A DISASTER!". So, why are you giving it to eight complete newbies to trade then? And besides, they were restricted to such small trade sizes that losing a million seems highly unlikely. Give me a break.

Unfortunate timing for them all that the bottom dropped out of the markets while this show was being made. That's a doozie.

#16     Jan 13, 2009
  7. S2Trader

S2Trader

8. just21

just21

#18     Jan 13, 2009
  9. It is silly to block it but the i guess the reason since you are asking is because its only the UK public that is forced to pay for the BBC. There is effectively a stupid TV tax in the UK that pays for the BBC instead of it being self funded from ad revenue. And its not optional either, if you have a TV you have to pay it regardless if you want to watch the BBC or not.

I know it can be annoying, i remember waiting a week to watch Wall street warriors, while alot on ET were discussing it. This show is much better than WSW, but still its only a bunch or noobs making your typical everday novice trading mistakes. Very entertaining (if you are a trader) but you arent really missing that much.

#19     Jan 13, 2009
  10. ITR2744

ITR2744

same in Switzerland. You have to pay a fee if you own a tv set in your room. The money flushes mainly to the government channel and a minor part is distributed between the other channels with the obligation to broadcast news with a relatively high niveau and less ads.

Nowadays with the internet it's questionable...

#20     Jan 13, 2009