TV commercials/advertisements cause Inflation

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bearice, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Today the world is in serious trouble because of money. Money runs financial world economy.

People change channels when advertisement appear but ultimately you (consumer) pay for the advertisements.

Today world economy is in serious trouble because of wasteful expenditure. Think about it.

#11     Apr 17, 2011
  2. I thought that's how cable TV started... You paid to watch but there were no commercials.

#12     Apr 17, 2011
  3. I wish we had advertisements like in Robocop: some cheesy short guy surrounded by babes in bikinis, then the joke is a cake or pie accidentally gets dumped on one of the surrounding bosoms, and the cheesy guy delivers the punchline: "I'd buy that for a dollar -- HAHHHAHAAHHAHAHA!!!!!" Or maybe that was their TV, I don't recall. Anyways, I'd be happy to pay extra for a product and sit through their ads if they were that mindlessly stupid and good, it would not be a wasteful expenditure. I'd change the channel when the show comes on and look for the advertisements.

#13     Apr 17, 2011
  4. Channel companies should earn money directly from customers by monthly subcription. This way people have channels they watch and not 100+ channels. No need for advertisements.

#14     Apr 17, 2011
  5. The information/statements that I post in Elitetrader is worth $1 Trillion to $10 Trillion. So Bearice is worth atleast $1 Trillion.

Correct me if I am wrong?

#15     Apr 17, 2011
  6. the1

the1

When the commercials come on I have to hit the mute button because they scream at you so you bring up a valid point but it is proven that commercial do influence people to buy products and services. That's a well established fact.

#16     Apr 17, 2011
  7. the1

the1

Yep! That was one of the biggest benefits to cable TV -- no commercials. The monthly bill covered the lost revenue that commercials created. The cable companies quickly learned that once they got you hooked they could sneak in a commercial here and there and fast forward to current day and the commercials are as common place as regular TV. Those dirty dogs. If I was managing the business I would have done the same thing :p

#17     Apr 17, 2011
  8. Stock markets cause Inflation

#18     Apr 18, 2011
  9. People who have internet connection will earn $1 to $5 per ad link clicked when paid to click internet programs takeover TV advertisements. Internet will be a good source of income in future. If you read 20 to 50 internet advertisements you will earn average $100 per day or $3000 per month.

#19     Apr 20, 2011
    #20     Apr 20, 2011