Tuttle Tactical Management launches new ETF

Discussion in 'Events' started by Murray Ruggiero, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Tuttle Tactical management launched it's first ETF TUTT on Feburary 25th. This is the company where I am Chief System Designer and my strategies are used in managing this ETF as well as other money not traded with this ETF. Tuttle has about 200 million under management. Here are a few news stories about this ETF.

Press Release about TUTT ETF

ETF trends article about it.

2. Hey Murray, with all due respect, i think this project is great-- but you may want to pass this along to whoever writes your press copy--- the article says:

"The tactical nature of TUTT's objective is a pre-determined, active strategy that responds to market indicators rather than attempts to use them as predictors of market direction."

This makes makes no sense -- because--

how do you 'respond' to an indicator (ie, trade on it) if you don't believe it's predictive of future price action?

Just a thought from the trenches.
    surf

3. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

You have to remember that "Prediction" used in normal trading systems is a bad word and no one who trade other peoples money uses it. You have to use it when you use things like machine learning or neural networks where we create a prediction and use it to make decisions.

In the case of normal trend following trading systems. The system logic tell us the market is going up for example and we buy because we assume it will continue. In a counter trend system the logic says it's gone too far from the mean. These are statistical bias, not a prediction.

It's a fine line, and I kind of agree with you but, if you say your predicting , it leads to all kind of compliance and customer bias issues, that why Traders don't consider rule based systems predictions.

4. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

SPY Feb 25 open 211.66
    April 22 close 210.63

SPY is also battling back from the ddown.
    Current price TUTT, is 24.51, so it's down, .4%
    SPY is down .47 so currently it's about even (a hair better) with the SPY.

5. Didn't realize it was a SPY-benchmarked product -- thought it was absolute return. Anyway, good luck, hope it does well.

6. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Thank you

7. southall

southall

Murray,

How come the trading systems you sell to the gullible seem to print money (in hindsight).

But the systems you develop to trade real money, like this ETF, lose money?

SPY up 8%,

your ETF down 12%.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
    RifffRafff and lawrence-lugar like this.