Turtle Trading

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by skiabox, Mar 12, 2003.

1. man

man

gann
    you're trading it?

peace

#21     Mar 14, 2003
  2. lindq

lindq

Okay, help me out here. How can a Turtle/type trend following system do anything the past couple years? Trends have been notoriously short and fickle. I don't get it. Unless Turtles also go short. Anyone like to explain?

#22     Mar 14, 2003
  3. yes they also go short.

#23     Mar 14, 2003
  4. Used to.

#24     Mar 14, 2003
  5. links

links Guest

#25     Mar 14, 2003
  6. man

man

Gann
    you've something better or it does not work anymore? reason why I am asking is that at the time when I was trading turtle style strategies in the nineties, the sp was, as already mentioned, a market that always sucked. now after acrary in another thread this is the second time I find people claiming they can successfully trade the sp as a trend follower. just curious.

peace

#26     Mar 17, 2003
  7. acrary

acrary

8. Maverick1

Maverick1

Acrary,

Thanks for the link... How can we know if the guy who put up the site is legit?

Also, if they were sworn to secrecy by Dennis (as per New Market Wizards), then why are they suddenly open about their method?

My take is that they do not trade the original rules anymore and that they are using a modified system to deal with the increased number of false breakouts and other shenanigans. I wouldn't be surprised if they are using additional time and price filters. I'm still surprised that they are going public with their original system
    what does that say about its efficiency?

Comments?

Thanks,
    Maverick.

#28     Apr 11, 2003
  9. acrary

acrary

Curtis is one of the original turtles. He's behind the site from his firm at Galt Capital in the Virgin Islands.

#29     Apr 11, 2003
  10. Maverick1

Maverick1

I just read the intro to the system by Curtis. He answers all the questions I brought up in the previous post.

He confirms my intuition, they are trading much more elaborate systems...

Very interesting.

Thanks again Acrary.

#30     Apr 11, 2003