Turtle Trading... Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by cfree5119, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Acutally i have backtested one of their systems.

BUT.....

just so, alone how it was, it was horrible for me.....

So i fixed the bugs........

And what did i have in the end, just exactly one of my old strategies i am trading very successfully for a long time...

So, i decided i dont need that Turtle Idea ???
    Because it just comes down to what i already know !!!

In other words, i would not have traded every turtle trade, i brought it down, to the more conservative scenarios, where the most odds are on my side and boom---------- i just had my old strategy.....

Was interesting and a waste of time.....

#41     Nov 7, 2011
  2. LOL

Not, if you are know what you are doing.

You must know how to backtest correct, that is a lot of work, not just a quick view over the charts, you must go into each detail of the detail and detail.
    thats not so easy.....

So long it looks good, it is wrong.

It must not look, it must BE perfect, backtested, then it makes future profits.

#42     Nov 7, 2011
  3. Interesting comment seeing that you've slammed others on this site for identical sentiments. In fact the verbiage is nearly identical.

#43     Nov 7, 2011
  4. ...oh, no that was different. You are talking to the MAN, the turtle trading expert, who laboriously interviewed the some of the turtles, well except their teachers and bankroller Richard Dennis himself.....he can say this, others cannot. The other posts came from traders, Michael is not a trader, he is a professional "expert".

#44     Nov 10, 2011
  5. in my personal experience reading free literature or books in the library is not enough. One should buy an expensive course to find out about turtle trading......

#45     Nov 11, 2011

6. Hello Mr. Covel,

Can you clarify whether there is an error in The Complete Turtle Trader book as shown in my attachment? Thank you.
    turtle.jpg

#46     Jan 2, 2017
  7. drm7

drm7

The excerpt is correct, although not clearly written. Corn contracts are 5000 bushels, so $0.07 x 5000 = $350. Said another way, every 1 cent = $50 of value. 7 cents x $50 = $350.

#47     Jan 2, 2017
  8. Thanks!

#48     Jan 2, 2017