Turtle Trading System??

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by sizetrade, Jul 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigscalper

bigscalper Guest

Because I am a gentlemen I will leave you with one quote that might help you in the future...

"I don't think trading strategies are as vulnerable to not working if people know about them, as most traders believe. If what you are doing is right, it will work even if people have a general idea about it. I always say you could publish rules in a newspaper and no one would follow them. The key is consistency and discipline."
    Richard Dennis

Viper,

Don't be fouled into thinking that you can interpret someones trading ability over a message board. Trading goes far beyond Rules of a system. When you really understand what I am saying you might someday make a buck!

#51     Sep 9, 2002
  2. BigScalper,

I wish you're not talking about me. I really don't care. I'm just enjoying this. I only need to prove my ability to myself.

Trend456 :confused:

#52     Sep 9, 2002
  3. Bigscalper,

I have been trading "the Turtle way" for quite some time. I was a
    client. Do they know you? While some of the posts have been intelligent in realizing that NO system is best for everybody, most of the info on the Turtle system has not been FACTUAL, and I do understand that opinions are free. However, you initially stated that there are problems with the system. There are problems with ALL systems in trading pal. Furthermore, the problems you had posted (3) do not even make sense in CAUSING a problem for Turtletraders. In fact, 1 of those HELPS the system.

Please don't give me quotes by R.Dennis. I have 1 or 2. I never thought for a second, Bigscalper, that I could interpret/evaluate ones' trading ability if I sat with them for 30 days! Why would I think that I can interpret anyone's trading ability over a board. But I can interpret people who CALL THEMSELVES Turtle traders,
    the ones who have some literature on ATR's and pyramiding ( even the manual). When I understand what you are saying, then I might someday make a buck? I will not address that BIGSCALPER. Who is the one interpreting ones' trading ability over a board?

#53     Sep 9, 2002
  4. bigscalper

bigscalper Guest

the three problems I stated are the three most common problems people have in Trading the turtle system. Not three problems with the system

#54     Sep 9, 2002
  5. Bigscalper,

Have you taken the Turtle course?

#55     Sep 9, 2002
  6. bigscalper

bigscalper Guest

yes

#56     Sep 9, 2002
  7. Bigscalper,

You took the Turtle course 3 years ago? What manual did you use? Your posts concerning the TS are rudimentary. I know for a fact that one who has traded the TS, (read: applied fully) would post different text than you have. I believe you understand the BASIC principles (many do) but there are individuals on ET that have "more under their belt" than you do re: the TS. Curious, what were trading with it?

#57     Sep 9, 2002
  8. bigscalper

bigscalper Guest

I only paper trade because my knowledge is far too BASIC to trade real money. Hopefully someday I will have enough knowledge to actually make real dollars! LOL

I now understand why good traders giggle when they walk by my internet machine and see ET up!

#58     Sep 9, 2002
  9. Why the sudden revival in interest in the Turtle trading system?

#59     Sep 10, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.