Turtle Trading Strategy

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by mario0887, Jun 15, 2019.

1. dozu888

dozu888

lol believe me. After 20 years in the stock market without a mentor... I prolly spent the first 7 years looking for that 'sitting there' stuff... then price action happened lol then the trajectory went upwards..

all edges are self defeating - success attracts copy cats, copy cats defeat edge.

except 1 edge - the trader himself... if he can read the market better, that ability doesn't self defeat... copy cats can't copy.

now - instead of an empty statement 'you don't even understand......', you should offer some substance.

#31     Jun 16, 2019
  2. Nobert

Nobert

One could say - author and strategy ; but even if it was true, or at least partly-true,
    the fact remains, that i wrote nothing of solid value, for OP benefit.

Thanks for pointing that out, i need to work on this.

It's funny and stupid (authors statement), at the same time.

Some people don't question, what they read in books, so they fall prey, for statements like that.

,,Be ready, for 70% draw downs, when trading'' ... They must have skipped, risk management part, or someone in office, hidden those books.

2%, or even 1% daily loss, on portfolio, per 5 / 6 low-correlation, long/short positions, is something worthy to think about.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    #32     Jun 16, 2019
    .sigma likes this.
  3. I like this statement.

So are you stating that the edge is the traders ability to read the market and react and prove to himself he can be profitable?

How can someone copy a trader's edge?

#33     Jun 16, 2019
  4. NQurious

NQurious

Don’t get sucked into this guy’s world. You will never come back and may as well give up now if you want to go down his path.

#34     Jun 16, 2019
  5. I tested turtle system years ago, if I remember correctly using it on a single commodity leads to large drawdowns as expected from for trend following systems in general. The long term result was very average. The correct way to use it is to run on multiple commodities so that a drawdown from one asset won't hurt the overall performance much. This means you need a large amount of capital to trade.

#35     Jun 16, 2019
    tomorton and dennis86 like this.
  6. dozu888

dozu888

this is just another empty statement.... would be more helpful if there is substance.

proof is in the putting... and I've got multiple 7-figures of them lol

#36     Jun 16, 2019
  7. dozu888

dozu888

how else would you win... why do the same guys often show up at the final table at the world poker tour..... there is no such thing as 'sitting there' in poker.

you just need to be smarter, more logical, more observant and reach more accurate conclusions than the other guys.... simple as that.

but the implementation is not simple... you need dozens of narrative cycles...

- observe the introduction of the narrative - trade war, oil crisis, election crisis, individual company earning cycles etc;. what stories they push.

- what happened to the prices with these narratives.

- how do these narratives play out, and how do they close it out... what happens to the price after the narrative is finished?

practice practice... in the beginning you'd have no clue.... gradually you feel a pattern but your conclusions often are wrong... more practice, you get more of them correct, your belief system is confirmed time and again, you feel more confident in your own reading skills.... and so on.

years later you feel like you are almost a fly on the wall in the secret meeting room of my pro boys...... well not quite, but close enough to make some money.

#37     Jun 16, 2019
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  8. NQurious,

I respect everyone opinions or recommendations if something logical and simple and make sense. Let him say what he wants.

#38     Jun 16, 2019
    MKTrader and Nobert like this.
  9. Giddiyup

Giddiyup

To share a working system in the markets is like observing an electron. You won't find any
    Bingo.

#39     Jun 16, 2019
  10. Giddiyup

Giddiyup

Yup. As soon as the cats out of the bag it becomes the target.

#40     Jun 16, 2019