Turtle Trading Concept Video Mentoring Course by Russell Sands

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mindtrading, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Richard Dennis, William Eckhart and the Turtles have been interviewed by Jack Schwager in his "Market Wizards" series. This 12-VHS video seminar given by Russell Sands goes into much more depth than the few pages of Turtle System public domain information... I am also including the 427 page Turtle note manual.

Starting bid at $499 (Retail at $5000)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4598583622&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1

I am also selling Thomas Dorsey's Point and Figure Charting Video Seminar 2 VHS not available anywhere:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4598570907&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1

2. the turtle rules are freely available on the web.

http://www.originalturtles.org/

Why are some of the Original Turtles giving away Rules for which
    others have charged thousands of dollars? Are these the actual
    Original Turtle Trading System rules?
    ou probably asked yourself the same questions: “Why would anyone give
    away the rules to the original Turtle Trading System? How can I be sure that
    these are the original Turtle Trading System rules as taught by Richard Dennis
    and William Eckhardt?” The answer to these questions lies in the origin of
    this project.
    The Origin of the Free Rules Project
    This project had its seed in various discussions among a few of the original Turtles,
    Richard Dennis, and others regarding the sale of the Turtle
    Trading System rules by a former turtle, and subsequently, on a
    website by a non-trader. It culminated in this document, which
    discloses the Original Turtle Trading Rules in their entirety, free
    of charge.
    Why? Because many of us believed that we owed an obligation
    to Richard Dennis not to reveal the rules, even after our contractual 10 year secrecy
    pact ended in late 1993. For this reason, we did not look kindly upon the sale of those
    rules by a former turtle.
    Further, we saw the sale on the web site as crass and opportunistic intellectual property
    theft, an act that, while technically not illegal, was certainly not honorable.
    At the same time, having seen others try to follow these rules first-hand, I realized it
    was unlikely that their publication would result in very many people actually learning to (more)

3. why pay for it when you can get it free from original turtles.:confused:

4. If you want to implement the Turtle concepts, you sure have the option to go by the few double-spaced pages for free or buy this extensive course consists of 12 VHS (this course is longer than the current course) and 427 page manual bidding at $499. Do you know the author of the free stuff was teaching some $25,000?? trading course before? I don't care who is right and who is wrong... just who makes the best information available.

5. My understanding is the Sands was the one turtle who left the group under dubious circumstances (I do not know who the other fellow was) and never made a name for himself as a successful hedge fund manager. Since the rules are available for free why would anyone pay for any of the materials Sands put out? I hear that they are not THAT good...

6. russell sands has always been good at marketing himself ... he now claims to trade sometimes even better than the original turtle signals but in order to know for sure how he does I guess one must -subscribe-
    to his services ...

:)

7. For $5000, I didn't. But for the price of a weekend seminar...

8. It all came down to discipline. Doing the hard thing.

9. The link to the free rules...the PDF link is broken, does anyone have the real link?
    Thanks

10. Surdo

Surdo

I have the PDF.

#10     Dec 17, 2005