Turns Out We Won't Need Mexican Workers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Ricter

Ricter

No, I just think you're an angry person.

#21     Jul 18, 2013
  2. pspr

pspr

Then I would suggest that you try giving up thinking if you can't get it right.

BTW, I think you are a dishonest person. Not only to us but to yourself.

#22     Jul 18, 2013
  3. Ricter

Ricter

Then I suggest you give up trying to think.

#23     Jul 18, 2013
  4. pspr

pspr

You should just put me back on ignore, Rectum. I seem to be disturbing your mental well being. You'll be happier and able to resume your normal crazy posting pattern.

You can still read an occasional comment from me when Tsing copies my posts. I'm sure Tsing didn't realize how much my posts were going to upset you when he said you weren't on my ignore list.

Go ahead. Put me back on ignore. I don't want to be responsible for anything you might do to hurt yourself.

#24     Jul 18, 2013
  5. A lot of times journalists put out sensationalist articles when it comes to technology. I remember reading in 2007 something about not needing cables by 2012 ("cables will go the way of VHS tape because of wireless technology..."). Guess what, we still use cables.

10 years from now robots wont replace the harvesters of fruit because it is not a trivial matter just like 10 years from now we won't have driving cars in the majority.

Knowing which fruit to pick and which to leave alone is not a mathematical process. It is an art not a science. It is done subjectively based on experience and judgment, things that are not easily (or at all) translatable into computer code.

#25     Jul 18, 2013
  6. pspr

pspr

It's funny how progress happens. If you've ever seen articles from 20 or 30 or even 50 years ago trying to predict the advances of today, they are hit or miss. They get a few things right but the vast majority of human advances aren't even on the radar that far ahead of them happening.

It's a tough business trying to predict the future a few decades out. Much tougher than it would seem.

#26     Jul 19, 2013