Turns out that the market IS out to get you

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Vespasian, Oct 16, 2009.

1. maxpi

maxpi

The comments about Tiger Woods say a lot.. I have a little document that describes my trading plan, if things feel horrible I just read it and try to get oriented, and if I can't do that I go do something else.. maybe that is the difference between self employed traders and Tiger Woods, he can't quit until the game is over......

OODA stands for Observe, Orient, Decide, Act.. what I heard is that it's guidelines for field commanders in the US military for one thing... probably if we could continually OODA we might pull ourselves up by our bootstraps at times..

#51     Oct 17, 2009
  2. CET

CET

Here's a tip if you don't already know it: everyone is out to get you (actually, your money), not just the market. :eek:

#52     Oct 17, 2009
  3. #53     Oct 17, 2009
  4. more importantly, when can we all look forward to yours?

#54     Oct 17, 2009
  5. have you tried don miller home study course? maybe thats the key for you

#55     Oct 17, 2009
  6. Stick to Swing trading and what you are good at then.

Man's greed is infinite while his capability is finite.

#56     Oct 17, 2009
  7. To OP:

Don't listen to the garbage given to you by these blind idiots, especially FB123456, this guy is clueless, he doesn't know what he is talking about.

You are like a very very very sick patient, you are desperate and you will probably turn to Jamaican voodoo if someone says it is helpful to trading.

#57     Oct 17, 2009
  8. that's why they call them bucket shops....

this method of firing off multiple orders and waiting on Santa Claus,

produces conclusions like you have drawn.

I had one Head Trader tell me, that...

two things happened:

that bucket shop claimed he didn't have sufficient production quotas in grinding down all the traders into dust with tens of thousands of shares, as if that were any measure of their productivity....

most of us traders woke up, abandoned that method of always day trading where we were cranking out minimum of 50,000 shares volume each / every day, without watching the bottom line or productivity in our own pockets...

when we went back to trading that made sense, and not just mashing around for the sake of the firm and commission generation, we returned to making a living.......

so you have to decide, which camp you fall into and what or which boss you will work for, yourself or your (bucket) shop....

couldn't be any simpler....

#58     Oct 17, 2009
  9. When I read the thread title, I thought "ok, here's someone who is finally beginning to see the light." Was surprised to see it was a farewell to the business. Good luck to you.

#59     Oct 17, 2009
  10. you mistake anger and bitterness for brevity. Someone starts a thread that he is leaving, and instead, heads in the opposite direction.

#60     Oct 17, 2009