Turns out that the market IS out to get you

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Vespasian, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Good bye cruel world ... I am leaving trading for good.

When your life is a rat race, the best thing you can hope for is to be the fastest rat.

I've had enough of this BS after 5 years and I wish you all good luck and farewell.

:cool:

2. pma

pma

Good luck in whatever you do in your life. At least you can say you gave it a shot :)

3. The bears feeling the pain.

I thought you said you DIDN'T take that GOOG trade???

4. bootize

bootize

I hear ya man. At the 5 year mark I felt about the same as you.

Now at the 9 year mark, I'm glad I stuck with it. The agony was all worth it in the end.

Just some food for thought :)

5. Hmmm. Suspect you will be back on ET within months...

6. Yes, I passed on GOOG put got my arse handed to me in POT today.

7. Thanks for the inspiration but after all this time I realize it's just ME.

I've spent more time studying myself over the last few years then I would have ever thought possible and the bottomline is I do not have the discipline necessary to do this for a living.

For a long time I thought that if I changed my approach to viewing the market I would find some method that worked with my personality (trend, counter trend, mean reversion, pairs trading etc, etc...) but it turns out I'm just a undisciplined person with no emotional control.

Man, it's hard to say that but it's the truth.

A wise man knows when he's beat and knows when to walk away, even though it hurts like a bitch to give up like this.

8. Vespasian,

The good news is that you can always work on your discipline and emotional control.

9. wutang

wutang

Is this just in trading or the rest of your life as well?

10. ElCubano

ElCubano

Many a business owner have found out that one of the hardest things to do is to "cut your losses short"; it is such a fine line. Good luck.

#10     Oct 16, 2009