Turning Profitable

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by mishwar, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Dustin

Dustin

Yes...clearly.

Sorry I couldn't resist. You can have your thread back now.

#51     Mar 23, 2006
  2. mishwar

mishwar

the only thing im not clear bout is my data .. the rest of the ideas go back and check .. honest

thanks
    mishwar

#52     Mar 23, 2006
  3. mishwar

mishwar

now short 300 contracts and the index is crashing .. another potential great day but as they say will count chicken only when they hatch (if)

#53     Mar 23, 2006
  4. mishwar

mishwar

its v easy to drift away from keeping an eye on indicators (is required in my system) .. instead focus moves on the prices/index value ..

shd be careful

#54     Mar 23, 2006
  5. lol :D

#55     Mar 23, 2006
  6. mishwar

mishwar

took a fun trade the last few mins ..
    not a good idea .. shd avoid such distractions .. having $ 15000 which i made (w/o commish etc) is not a reason to fell lethargic and loose ...
    many serious traders do things just because there is nothing to do ...
    stay away if the trade is not as per ur plan and (mechanical )system

for all trade details pl see this thread ..

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65763&perpage=6&pagenumber=34

Thanks
    mishwar

#56     Mar 23, 2006
  7. mishwar

mishwar

An apology...
    i may not be able to trade ES tomorrow.
    But will post my results and a detailed analysis of the possibilities for Friday trading..

Thanks
    mishwar

#57     Mar 23, 2006
  8. mishwar

mishwar

a small clarification.. i may not be able to trade at all tomorrow.

mishwar

#58     Mar 23, 2006
  9. mishwar

mishwar

Do you or anyone you know trade 100 lots at a time ? would like to knw the commish and the liquidity aspects

thanks
    mishwar

#59     Mar 23, 2006
  10. I have a system that I made 5 years ago, that returns 195% every month using the Cash Index data.

The result is tested under 20 years data of 5min. bar for the S&P Cash. No losing month... 78% of the days are winners. All orders are stop orders and entry signals are processed on the previous bar eliminating magical time alternating fills... Also, a Sharpe of 2.72...

Still I won't trade it.

Why? The volatility of Cash SP vs Real Trades.

Lesson: Never base your trading systems or hypothetical trading results with Cash Index. It will never resemble real results.

If anyone thinks that my claim is irrelevant, then I'll sell you the system for some reasonable cash.

#60     Mar 23, 2006