Turning full-time...

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by shabushabu, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Yes... and it would literally take me weeks or even months to explain because it has some pretty radical ideas. You won't find anthing that even resembles it in any book but it does borrow concepts and ideas from various mathematical schools of thought.

After all, it did take me years to develop it but you would think its a relatively short time if you only knew the scope of my project. It does include some artificial intelligence networks but I only use that as a confidence/confirmation signal and its not the primary component in my system. Thats all I will say about it.

The way I see it;

One should not play the markets unless they know they have a winning strategy.
    Everyone has to find their own in their way and one that fits their trading style and personality. As far as Im concerned there are no short cuts and you cant figure the markets overnight. You must be willing to study it long and hard until you develop a strategy and intuition that work well together. I do have a passion for the markets.

#41     Mar 26, 2008
  2. so your strategy is basically automated?

#42     Mar 27, 2008
  3. No I dont believe in automation besides that would be too massive of a task to automate it. Traders intuition plays the major role here which is based on an overall understanding of the whole system and an accurate interpretation. Though I simply use back propagation artificial intelligence networks to supplement that interpretation.
    The optimal result more often that not happens when there is congruence between the two independent systems.

#43     Mar 27, 2008
  4. supersizeit,

Thanks for your explanations! Very helpful to me. Good trading to you!

#44     Mar 27, 2008
  5. What would you guys think about day-trading p/t and working as a grunt at a brokerage firm (making next to nothing)...?

#45     Apr 8, 2008
  6. I think any job that allows you to watch the market by day is your best option. It really sucks working at night but a man has to do what a man has to do. Sacrifice and do whatever it takes to get to your goals.

#46     Apr 9, 2008
  7. Go for the dream which I assume includes a lifestyle in the future of having time that corporate world doesn't give. Lifestyle is very important if it is meaningful and you take time to give back.

#47     Apr 9, 2008