Turning CNBC off!

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by michaelscott, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Nahh you can see when a number is coming out by looking at your charts! Volume will dry up and volatility will disapear! You can even get a good idea how 'big' the number will be.

If they moved CNBC to comedy central I might catch it more I tend not to watch listen read much 'news'.

#31     May 5, 2007
  2. S2007S

S2007S

haha, i notice that too.

#32     May 5, 2007
  3. S2007S

S2007S

cnbc really has to get rid of the orange box on the top of their screen, it gets quite annoying, anyone watching that program should know that the dow is in record territory, no need to announce it.

#33     May 5, 2007
  4. PJKIII

PJKIII

Check the screen name of the guy you are insulting....I don't think he needs to post any blotter.

#34     May 7, 2007
  5. Also, if the dow closes up 1 point each day for the next 5 days it will be a record close each day. Do we need to shout it from the hilltops as though it is the cure for cancer.

Jeez at these current levels even infaltionary increases in stock prices would set new highs, so would hitting the ask from yesterday's close. CNBC must be running out of sht to talk about.

#35     May 7, 2007
  6. The meat puller you're referring to is not Paul Tudor Jones. It's just a screen name.

#36     May 7, 2007
  7. What does that tell you?

CNBC target audience these days: dumb money newbies / odd lot pikers who just joined the party.

#37     May 7, 2007
  8. pdwst33

pdwst33

I won't go as far as to turn CNBC off, but I can't wait until Verizon TV comes to my area so I can get Bloomberg TV. For the time being, I'll continue with my Bob Pisani induced indigestion and I'll enjoy Becky Quick and the Weather lady.

#38     May 8, 2007
  9. ryank

ryank

You can get it live today

www.bloomberg.com
    click on live tv

#39     May 8, 2007
  10. pdwst33

pdwst33

Yeah I heard you can watch it on the website, but do you have spare screens you can dedicate to TV? I really don't unfortunately.

#40     May 8, 2007