Turning CNBC off!

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by michaelscott, Apr 20, 2007.

1. rover

rover

i agree cnbc is biased toward pumping stocks up

#21     May 1, 2007
  2. JORGE

JORGE

You can say what you want about CNBC, but the DJ story is not the first time they broke a story about a pending deal. If you are an equities trader, the action on the publishing stocks today seems like a good enough reason to watch. They also did a great job with MEDI a few weeks ago.

#22     May 1, 2007
  3. pdwst33

pdwst33

If you actually listen to Bob "Bull Market" Pisani and digest his incredibly biased B.S. and his "traders here are telling me..." than you are a joker, plain and simple.

#23     May 1, 2007
  4. pdwst33

pdwst33

Try Bloomberg TV. If you want NEWS and unbiased INFO, that's the place to be. If you want to see Lenny Dykstra, the guy from 7th Heaven, and WWE Stars give you their favorite stock picks, then please stay tuned to CNBC.

#24     May 1, 2007
  5. pdwst33

pdwst33

It is truly amazing that someone like "Paul Tudor Jones" would be on a message board, attempting to degrade smaller traders. Isn't humility one of the prized personal attributes of successful LONG TERM managers..not ones who blow up after a string of successes like a Brian Hunter? Please go back to watching your portfolios for the sake of your investors Tudor...do you think your clients would appreciate you beating up on the plebeians in here on a message board? Go earn your management fee and stop wasting your time.

#25     May 1, 2007
  6. minmike

minmike

My trading improved when I stopped listening to CNBC. (Not for treading decisions, I trade indexes. Only thing that they are good for is to remind you a number is coming out. Only reason.

#26     May 1, 2007
  7. pdwst33

pdwst33

Notice how Bob Pisani is mysteriously absent on down days in the market, but will be on 4 times before 10:30 am on an up day where we have bullish news.

#27     May 1, 2007
  8. Don't trip, the Tudor Jones guy is not the real one. It's just a screen name.

#28     May 1, 2007
  9. JORGE

JORGE

I agree that Pisani and some of the other commentators are annoying, but Faber broke the DJ story today, and the action in the publishing stocks in the minutes following the report was enough to make your week. I could care less how annoying somebody is, as long as their comments create volatility.

#29     May 1, 2007
  10. pdwst33

pdwst33

re Tudor:

I know, I was playing along. I'm not doubting he's a hedge fund manager either...it's pretty simple to be considered one these days. I do find it funny that he wants to emulate another hedge fund manager so much that he will masquerade as him.

#30     May 1, 2007